Thursday 27 October 2022

Book Review - Snowed In For Christmas by Sarah Morgan

 The Amazon Purchase link below is an Amazon Affiliate link.

Amazon UK

Title: Snowed In For Christmas
Author: Sarah Morgan
Format reviewed: Ebook
Source: Netgalley
Publisher: HQ
Publication Date: 27th October 2022
Rating: 5 Stars

She’s snowed in with the family. The only problem? They’re not her family.

A family gathering
This Christmas the Miller siblings have one goal – to avoid their family’s well-meaning questions. Ross, Alice and Clemmie have secrets that they don’t intend to share, and they are relying on each other to deflect attention.

An uninvited guest
Lucy Clarke is facing a Christmas alone, and the prospect of losing her job – unless she can win a major piece of business from Ross Miller. She’ll deliver her proposal to his family home in the Scottish Highlands and then leave. After all, she wouldn’t want to intrude on the Miller’s perfect family Christmas.

A Christmas to remember
When Lucy appears on the Miller’s snow-covered doorstep, she is mistaken for Ross’s girlfriend. But by the time the confusion is cleared up, a storm has hit and Lucy is stuck. As everyone settles in for a snowed-in Christmas, tensions bubble to the surface and suddenly Lucy finds herself facing a big family fallout with a family that isn’t hers…

Once again Sarah Morgan has managed to craft the perfect festive read - it's warm and cosy, heartwarming, full of romance, a spectacular setting, a family I fell in love with, and lashings of shortbread and snow.  It's everything you could wish for in a Christmas story and more. 

In fact I really shouldn't need to say anything else as Sarah Morgan is wonderful, her books are always something special and if you are a fan of hers like I am then why are you reading this review, when you should be reading the book already! 

And if you aren't already a fan of this author then frankly you have been missing out on years and years worth amazing books, from an especially talented queen of romance, and queen of the festive read! 

Really all I want to do is throw a thesaurus' worth of lovely words at you, and be done, I was hooked on this book and once I had the characters straight in my mind, and they were all snowed in together, then the book took off and I literally couldn't put it down. 

I read a large amount of this in one sitting, ignoring the fact I should have been working, as I just wanted to be wrapped up in the Miller family's dynamics, and their picturesque Christmas without pausing for breath. 

And it's a family with some wacky dynamics that I loved seeing them all in the same scene. And there is a weird set of coincidences that lands Lucy on their doorstep, and with her being instantly treated as though she is part of the family and not there for a completely different reason. 

If anything I'm slightly annoyed with the way the book ends - not because it isn't the perfect ending - it is, I was just enjoying my time with these characters so much, that had it been left differently I would been convinced this would be the start of a new series from this author, who writes series featuring siblings so so well!   But the ending is other than that is utter perfection.

I would absolutely love to see this turned into a film, it deserves a wider audience and I for one would be keen to watch it. 

If you can't tell I thoroughly enjoyed this book! Please don't make me wait another 6 months or so for another Sarah Morgan release, please write faster! 

Thank you to HQ and Netgalley for this copy which I have reviewed honestly and voluntarily. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...