Friday 7 April 2023

Book Review - The Prisoner by B. A. Paris - #HolidayReading Mexico

 The Amazon Purchase link below is an Amazon Affiliate link.

Amazon UK

Title: The Prisoner
Author: B. A. Paris
Format reviewed: Ebook
Source: Netgalley 
Publisher: Hodder & Stoughton
Publication Date: 3rd November 2022
Rating: 5 Stars

THEN

Amelie has always been a survivor, from losing her parents as a child in Paris to making it on her own in London. As she builds a career for herself in the magazine industry, she meets, and agrees to marry, Ned Hawthorne.

NOW

Amelie wakes up in a pitch-black room, not knowing where she is. Why has she been taken? Who are her mysterious captors? And why does she soon feel safer here, imprisoned, than she had begun to feel with her husband Ned?

In true B.A. Paris style, The Prisoner is a gripping survival story, a twisted tale of love and at its dark heart a thriller to keep you up all night.


Wowser! That was.....

... actually I have no words, I might be speechless...

....but can say I totally couldn't put it down from the first page until the last I was completely and utterly hooked. 

Once again B. A. Paris has written a tense, compelling, highly addictive story that blew my mind. 

Written in short chapters which added to the urgency of the story, we have alternating chapters from the past and present to see just what happened leading up to the present day. 

And I loved Amelie, hse was so brave, so foolish, so determined that I needed to discover what a mess she had landed herself in. 

And there are some very toxic characters in this that made my blood boil.

Claustrophobic at times, this is one hell of a story, and I read it in one sitting over the course of a couple of hours,  I heartily recommend you carving out a block of time to read this uninterrupted too, as it is that good and will not let you go once it has a hold on you. 

Thrilling and fabulous. 

Thank you to Hodder & Stoughton and Netgalley for this copy which I have reviewed honestly and voluntarily, 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...