Tuesday 26 March 2024

Book Review - The Guest by B. A Paris

 The Amazon Purchase link below is an Amazon Affiliate link.

Amazon UK

Title: The Guest
Author: B.A. Paris
Format reviewed: Ebook
Source: Netgalley
Publisher: Hodder & Stoughton
Publication Date: 20th February 2024
Rating: 4 Stars

Iris and Gabriel have just got home from a make-or-break holiday. But a shock awaits them. One of their dearest friends, Laure, is in their house - sleeping in their bed, wearing Iris' clothes, even rearranging the furniture. She has walked out on her husband - and their good friend - Pierre over his confession of an affair.

Iris and Gabriel want to be supportive. But as Laure's mood becomes more unpredictable, her presence begins to unravel secrets in all their pasts - until things reach breaking point ...

I'm a massive fan of this author, so was incredibly keen to lose myself in their latest novel. And from the prologue I was certainly intrigued. 

I needed to know just who these characters were, and just why did it sound like someone had just been blown up! 

And this is certainly a twisted sort of a story, where you are never completely sure what the truth is, but I was certainly invested in finding out what would happen next at all points. 

All I did know was that Laure wasn't just getting on Iris and Gabriel's nerves after a while, but mine too. But i could never have guessed how some of the sub plots were going to interconnect. 

It was brilliant, and certainly had me guessing until the last pages, where I was open mouthed.  It's another great book from this talented author and it definitely hooked me in.

Thank you to Hodder & Stoughton and Netgalley for this copy which I have reviewed honestly and voluntarily. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...