Sunday 16 September 2018

Book Review - A Summer Scandal by Kat French - #HolidayReading Book 16

Book 16 of 28 read on my holiday to Cyprus in June 2018.

The Amazon Purchase link below is an Amazon Affiliate link.
Amazon UK
Title: A Summer Scandal
Author: Kat French
Format reviewed: Ebook
Source: Netgalley
Publisher: Avon
Publication Date: 28th June 2018 
Rating: 5 Stars


Summer has never been so scandalous…

When Violet moves to Swallow Beach, she inherits a small Victorian pier with an empty arcade perched on the end of it, and falls in love immediately. She wants nothing more than to rejuvenate it and make it grand again – but how?

When she meets hunky Calvin, inspiration strikes. What if she turned the arcade into an adult-themed arcade full of artisan shops?

Not everyone in the town is happy with the idea, but Violet loves her arcade and business begins to boom. But as tensions worsen and the heat between her and Calvin begins to grow, life at Swallow Beach becomes tricky. Is it worth staying to ride out the storm? And can Violet find her own happy ending before the swallows fly south for the winter?

Sexy, sassy and full of heart, Kat French is back in a new summer sizzler

I have read many books featuring surprise inheritances, but I do have to say this is the first time I've read one involving an old Victorian pier in a seaside resort. 

And the plan that Violet puts into place for this pier is very imaginative, and I loved seeing how this story developed.

So much of this book made me smile, and i loved meeting all the residents of Swallow Beach.

There are even some secrets from the past to be unravelled too. 

If you are wanting to spend the summer with a fun story, set in a lesser known tourist resort, and discover just what to do when you inherit a pier, then this is definitely the book for you. 

Even as I was reading my next few books after this, I still had Swallow Beach and the pier in my mind, to the extent I thought I was still in this book, which to me is the mark of a very good book! 

Thank you to Avon and Netgalley for this copy which I have reviewed honestly and voluntarily. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...