Wednesday 25 March 2020

Book Review - The Single Best Thing by Elaine Spires

The Amazon Purchase link below is an Amazon Affiliate link.
Amazon UK
Title: The Single Best Thing
Author: Elaine Spires
Format reviewed: Ebook
Source: Author supplied copy
Publisher: Self Published
Publication Date: 14th February 2020
Rating: 5 Stars

Almost four years have passed since Melv followed Eve back to England refusing to throw away their long awaited chance of lasting love and happiness. Much has happened in that time. No longer a tour manager for Travel Together, Eve is enjoying unexpected success in her new career. Has she forgiven him for hurting her so deeply? Was her love for him simply enough? And what about her own dark secret?

Provoking smiles and tears this glimpse into Eve’s future brings the Singles’ Series to its final conclusion.

This is the ending that fans of the series has been crying out for since finishing Singles, Set and Match. 

Ah to have a book that has just brought the series to such a wonderful conclusion.  Having read the entire series I am in no position to say whether this can be read as a standalone, but I would say if you have read any of the previous books, which are brilliant, then you need to see just how it all turns out. 

This though is a tricky book to review as I don't want to give away any spoilers and its so short, there isn't much I can safely comment on.  

I will say though from the first few pages, I realised I was doing nothing else for today until I had devoured the book. I literally couldn't put it down, and had a massive smile on my face throughout. 

At points I really wasn't sure just how Eve and Melv's story would finally conclude, and with the way it was built up, I certainly didn't see that coming. 

The book is a mix between Eve's life now in 2023, and her having flashbacks to key moments from the past few years since Singles, Set and Match finished, to now, catching us up on what has been going on.  It's very cleverly told, and with chapter headings telling you month and year its easy to follow. 

I love, love, loved this novella, I'm sad that it really is the end of a series that I've been thoroughly enjoying while at the same time curious to see what Elaine Spires will write next. 

Thank you so much to the author for this copy which I have reviewed honestly and voluntarily 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...