Wednesday 11 November 2020

Book Review - Mistletoe and the Mouse by Elsa Simonetti

 The Amazon Purchase link below is an Amazon Affiliate link.

Amazon UK

Title: Mistletoe and the Mouse
Author: Elsa Simonetti
Format reviewed: Ebook
Source: Author supplied copy
Publisher: Theme Park Press
Publication Date: 22nd October 2020
Rating: 5 Stars

Can a magical Christmas melt a frozen heart?

Join Belle and James as they visit Mickey Mouse for a sparkling holiday season at Disneyland Paris.

Belle has been numb since her mother died, and she can’t face Christmas at home without her. Instead she books a surprise holiday to her “happy place” – the Magic Kingdom. But her boyfriend James has problems of his own. He doesn’t “do Disney” and what will his mother think of him missing their family Christmas to go to Disneyland with Belle?

A festive romance with a sprinkling of pixie dust.

Well I thought there was nothing I could love more than a festive novella... until I discovered this book existed - a festive novella set at Disneyland Paris. 

And wow did it read a bit like a love letter to Disney, it was full of the Disney magic and had me grinning like the Cheshire Cat throughout. 

Well apart from when hearing James's initial thoughts and pre-conceptions of Disney, to say he is not a fan of the Mouse is an understatement but as this little story progressed there was some character development for both of James and Belle. 

It's a really quick read, took me perhaps 90 mins cover to cover, and I would have happily read even more, had there been more pages! It's very sweet, and when you combine the magic of Christmas with Disney magic, well you have something rather special indeed. 

It's A Whole New World for James as he discovers whether he can fly, he can fly, he can fly... or at least very least appreciate what is going on around him.  It is a small world after all, which may be why Belle manage to come across her own fairy godmother a few times.  And all the Disney hotel details were so vivid, I could imagine I was there alongside them. 

It really is a tale as old as time, as Belle discovers whether or not James really is her beast or not, and its a book that will make you think happy thoughts, which is really all I wanted from the story. 

I really hope this isn't the last book set in the Magic Kingdom from Elsa Simonetti.  The world need more magic, more Disney and Christmas! 

Or to sum the book up in just one word it's Supercalafragalisticexpialidocious!! 

Thank you to the author for this copy which I have reviewed honestly and voluntarily. 


14 years ago I went to Disney Paris in late November but it was already decorated for Christmas. And I could as I was reading the book, see so much of myself in Belle, especially with regards fear of big scary rides, and loving It's A Small World.  So after writing the above review, I went back and looked at the video clips I took on that trip and forgot just how many parades and shows I managed to fit in.  Disney really is fabulous for all ages, and no matter what people may have said to Belle in the queue for Mickey, you really are never too old to meet the characters! 







No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...