Thursday 24 June 2021

Book Review - The Lucky Escape by Laura Jane Williams

 The Amazon Purchase link below is an Amazon Affiliate link.

Amazon UK

Title: The Lucky Escape
Author: Laura Jane Williams
Format reviewed: Ebook
Source: Netgalley
Publisher: Avon
Publication Date: 10th June 2021
Rating: 5 Stars

ONE CANCELLED WEDDING

When the day finally comes for Annie to marry Alexander, the last thing she expects is to be left standing at the altar. She was so sure he was Mr Right. Now, she has no idea how she could have got it so wrong.
 
ONE UNEXPECTED ENCOUNTER

After a chance meeting with Patrick, an old friend who reminds her of who she used to be, Annie takes a vow of her own: she’ll say yes to every opportunity that comes her way from now on.

ONE SPARE TICKET FOR THE HONEYMOON

Could a spontaneous trip with Patrick be the way to mend Annie’s heart? She’s about to find out as she embarks on her honeymoon – with a man who’s nother husband…

I'm starting to really love this author, and this is the sort of story that really appeals to me. 

Of course all my favourite bits involved the honeymoon,  which given even the destination hasn't been revealed in the blurb, I don't feel right in saying it here. 

Let's just say it's a long haul flight, a three week trip of a lifetime and I was open mouthed at the luxurious nature of it, especially given it was paid for by the in-laws that weren't actually in-laws due to their son jilting Annie at the altar. 

I loved the descriptions and trips that were taken on this honeymoon, not always the most expected of destinations, and sometimes not solidly on the tourist trail which was really nice to see.  As a travel lover I was I really happy with how it was depicted, and made me long to get on a plane to join Annie and Patrick out there. 

But there is more to this book than just the travel element, it's a story of how Annie learns a lot about herself in the aftermath of her jilting.  There is her brand night light hearted friendship with Patrick who she knew briefly as a teenager, and I loved her relationship with her much younger sister. 

Annie's mother was so familiar to me, the various comments she made, it felt like she could have been my mum, for the majority of the book.  

I really did enjoy everything about this book, from the first few pages where Annie is all excited getting ready for her wedding, to the aftermath where she is frustrated with her family around her, and her attempts to regain control with a boot camp.  And all that before the honeymoon which wasn't a honeymoon as such. 

Her dynamic with Patrick was so fun to read, and I would love a Patrick in my life! 

Having enjoyed the books I've now read by Laura Jane Williams I really should go back and read Our Stop, and I will definitely keep an eager eye out for future releases. 

Thank you to Avon and Netgalley for this copy which I have reviewed honestly and voluntarily. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...