Monday 26 July 2021

Book Review - A Summer Wedding For the Cornish Midwife by Jo Bartlett

 The Amazon Purchase link below is an Amazon Affiliate link.

Amazon UK

Title: A Summer Wedding For the Cornish Midwife
Author: Jo Bartlett
Format reviewed: Ebook
Source: Netgalley
Publisher: Boldwood Books
Publication Date: 1st July 2021
Rating: 5 Stars

The venue is booked, the dress is picked, and Senior Midwife Anna Jones only has to say ‘I Do!’ to the man she loves! Theirs might have been a whirlwind romance, but Brae Penrose is everything Anna dreamed her husband would be and she can’t wait to start a family with him.

But as the big day approaches, Anna still isn’t pregnant and when disaster strikes, their perfect day looks destined not to happen at all! Is it a sign to slow things down?

The other midwives won’t hear of Anna and Brae postponing their big day, and soon the whole community of Port Agnes comes together to make sure the Penrose wedding goes off without a hitch!

And Anna realises, baby or not, she already has her dream family with Brae and her friends by her side.

Meet The Cornish Midwives of Port Agnes- where community, friendship and love are always delivered.

An uplifting and escapist read, perfect for fans of Christie Barlow, Jessica Redland and Holly Martin!

This book was previously published as Christmas with the Cornish Midwives.

I honestly thought that the previous book would have provided all the drama these midwives could ever need, but within the first chapter of this book I was clearly proved wrong. 

Nothing like a dramatic opening to a book to draw you in and keep you hooked, and it perfectly set up some fabulous storylines for this latest edition of the Cornish Midwife soap opera.  Well it feels as though it could easily translate to a soap on the small scheme, as we get to know so many of the midwives at the Port Agnes unit. 

And it is becoming more and more clear how well regarded these midwifes are within their local community. For this new standalone story, the focus is on Anna, and her desire to have her own child, as well as hopefully marrying Brae the man of her dreams. 

And for the last section of the book I was sitting open mouthed at the community spirit shown in Port Agnes, with a lump in my throat at the emotion of it all, as well as impressed at how much more drama could be included before ending the book incredibly happy and with a smile on my face. 

While also knowing I can't wait for the next book in the series as this is a series, that has definitely got under my skin and into my heart and I need more.   

Oh and what of the midwifery, there are some great moments with those, and seeing how Anna handled one expectant mother in particular really gave me the feels and I just loved her all the more for it. 

Oh and I'm completely and utterly in love with Brae, he is absolutely wonderful, wish I could have him all to myself! Was also really happy to catch up with Ella and Dan, as well as seeing more from Jess and Toni, one of which I'm sure will be the heroine next!! 

A charming and heartwarming read set in the gorgeous Port Agnes - I loved it! 

Thank you to Boldwood Books and Netgalley for this copy which I have reviewed honestly and voluntarily.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...