Friday 3 September 2021

Book Review - Meet Me In London by Georgia Toffolo

 The Amazon Purchase link below is an Amazon Affiliate link.

Amazon UK

Title: Meet Me In London
Author: Georgia Toffolo
Format reviewed: Paperback
Source: Purchased
Publisher: Mills and Boon
Publication Date: 15th October 2020 
Rating: 4 Stars

What do you do when your fake engagement starts to feel too real…

Aspiring clothes designer Victoria Scott spends her days working in a bar in Chelsea, and her evenings designing vintage clothes, dreaming of one day opening her own boutique. But these aspirations are under threat from the new department store opening at the end of her road. She needs a Christmas miracle, but one is not forthcoming.

Oliver Russell’s Christmas is not looking very festive right now. His family’s new London department store opening is behind schedule, and on top of that his interfering, if well meaning, mother is pressing him to introduce his girlfriend to her. A girlfriend who does not exist. He needs a diversion. Something to keep his mother from interfering while he focuses on the business.

When Oliver meets Victoria, he offers a proposition: pretend to be his girlfriend at the opening of his store and he will provide an opportunity for Victoria to showcase her designs. But what starts as a business arrangement soon becomes something more tempting, as the fake relationship starts to feel very real. But when secrets in Victoria’s past are exposed will Oliver walk away, or will they both follow their hearts and find what neither knew they were looking for…

Oh I do love a book featuring a fake date, or fake engagement scenario.  There is something rather familiar about the basic plot device, while I'm able to greatly enjoy the always different reasons why someone may be willing to enter into such an agreement. 

Victoria wants to be a fashion designer and is in fact helping less fortunate teenagers to have a chance at learning fashion design. Oliver is heir to the Russel & Co Department store chain, and is facing pressure from his family to settle down and marry. And due to his father's health not being the best he just wants to give them help. 

The more I got to know both Victoria and Oliver, the more I enjoyed them, understood them and wanted to read more.  My full enjoyment over this book crept up on me until by then end I was considering reaching for the next Meet Me In book instantly. 

For I didn't just love Victoria, I was enjoying starting to get to know her friends, and their deep friendship is really lovely. And I really am looking forward to reading more of these characters. 

I'm rather relieved given I read this very much out of season for me unusually, that this wasn't an overly festive book, in fact Christmas is at a minimal, and although I read it on one of the hottest days of the year it didn't cool me off at all, which I had kind of hoped!  But does mean it is a very pleasurable read all year around! 

I very much enjoyed this first book from Georgia Toffolo, and with locations such as Hawaii and Tahiti in her next books, I can't wait as I do love an exotic setting! 

1 comment:

  1. Posh girl with a team ‘writes’ a book, character is a wheelchair user. Fuck off

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...