Wednesday 22 September 2021

Book Review - The Ticklemore Tavern by Liz Davies

 The Amazon Purchase link below is an Amazon Affiliate link.

Amazon UK

Title: The Ticklemore Tavern
Author: Liz Davies
Format reviewed: Ebook
Source: Author supplied copy
Publisher: Self Published
Publication Date: 1st September 2021
Rating: 5 Stars

Violet makes her own gin.

Logan Cassidy sells it in his pub, the Ticklemore Tavern.

It should have been a match made in heaven, especially since the pair of them fancy the socks off each other, and they are both young, free and single.

Except...

Logan’s mum, Marie, doesn’t think Violet is good enough for her son. No woman is, or ever will be. And when she becomes ill, Logan is torn between looking after his mum or following his heart.

However, neither Logan, nor Marie, has taken the sheer force of nature that is Violet into account. What Violet wants, Violet gets.

Usually...

But maybe not this time, eh?

Perfect for fans of Daisy James and Holly Martin

It is so good to be back in Ticklemore and although she isn't the main character, fans of the series will be delighted with the role Hattie has in this latest book - she is at her absolute finest, and between the four Ticklemore books has cemented a place in my heart forever! 

But this book isn't actually about Hattie, although I'm sure she thinks it might be.  It's the story of Logan and Violet, the pub landlord and the gin distiller! 

They have a clear attraction from their first meeting but what is even clearer is Logan's mother, Marie's behaviour.  I really didn't take to Marie at all, and I'm sorry to say rolled my eyes at most of what she was saying.  

Yet Violet and Logan are wonderful, they are both loving caring people,  and I loved their interactions. And the variety of flavoured gins that Violet is able to create is rather impressive too. 

Possibly not my favourite of this excellent series, but still a great addition to it, and I loved reading every second of this book.  I just wish I'd had more time to read it in longer spurts, I wanted to but real life was getting in my way.   

Easily readable as a standalone, this does let us see even briefly all the main characters in the previous books up to this point, as well as this new focal couple. It's just a really easy read and has you rooting for Violet and Logan despite Marie. 

I really hope this isn't the last we have seen of Ticklemore, as I definitely want more - the second the author can think of another tongue twisting title! 

Thank you the author for this copy which I have reviewed honestly and voluntarily. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...