Monday 22 November 2021

Book Review - Flora's Travelling Christmas Shop by Rebecca Raisin

 The Amazon Purchase link below is an Amazon Affiliate link.

Amazon UK

Title: Flora's Travelling Christmas Shop
Author: Rebecca Raisin
Format reviewed: Ebook
Source: Netgalley
Publisher: HQ Digital
Publication Date: 28th October 2021 
Rating: 5 Stars

’Tis the season for mulled wine, mince pies, and magic under the mistletoe…

Flora loves Christmas more than anything else in the world, so she’s gutted when her Scrooge-alike boss fires her from Deck the Halls Christmas emporium. But now she finally has a chance to follow her dreams – and what better place to start than the home of Christmas?

Before she can say ‘sleigh bells’, Flora’s on her way to Lapland in a campervan-cum-Christmas-shop. She can’t wait to spend her days drinking hot chocolate and taking reindeer-drawn carriage rides, but something Flora didn’t expect was meeting Connor, a Norse god of a man who makes her heart flutter and snowflakes swirl in her stomach. There’s just one problem: Connor hates Christmas.

Can Flora convince Connor of the joys of Christmas – and will she find a festive romance along the way?

The perfect Christmas romance for fans of Debbie Johnson, Holly Martin and Jenny Colgan.

I've been absolutely loving Rebecca Raisin's books featuring Van Lifers, so when I spotted this latest book, featuring a travelling Christmas shop, I knew I would fall in love with it fast. 

And that would be the understatement of the year, it's the most wonderful time of the year, and the book epitomises that feeling. 

I'm also a sucker for a Hallmark Christmas movie, so absolutely adored Flora's best friend Livvie, persuading Flora to live her life as though it was a real life Hallmark movie, and with every scenario that comes up in Lapland, they manage to liken it to various Hallmark tropes and plot points - which I thought was so clever and I found myself loving their conversations. 

Plus it's a great philosophy to live your life by, and Flora is a wonderful leading lady. She has a tendency to speak before she thinks, which leaves her to struggle to hold down a job, but she loves all things Christmas and has always wanted to visit Lapland, so when it's suggested she becomes her own boss and perhaps create a pop up Christmas shop, she takes it one step further and finally gets to Lapland. 

And I just loved everything about the massive Christmas spectacular market she becomes a part of, I could picture it so clearly and would have loved to jump on plane to join all of the characters there. 

And our love interest in a rules loving, bit of a Grinch, who just happens to be the manager of the market, and has a funny and memorable meet cute with Flora. 

I just loved the the interactions between Connor and Flora, they continually made me smile. 

Well the whole book really made me smile, and feel rather festive. I'm starting to think I'd love to live in a van and sell things and travel continually (but I don't drive, and think I'd feel claustrophobic rather fast).  I definitely need to add Lapland onto my bucket list, so many fabulous activities are mentioned that I would love to experience. 

It's another fabulous book from one of my favourite authors, and definitely a top festive read for this year! 

Thank you to HQ Digital and Netgalley for this copy which I have reviewed honestly and voluntarily. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...