Wednesday 23 February 2022

Book Review - Forever Summer by Jenny Oliver

 The Amazon Purchase link below is an Amazon Affiliate link.

Amazon UK

Title: Forever Summer
Author: Jenny Oliver
Format reviewed: Ebook
Source: Netgalley
Publisher: Electric Monkey
Publication Date: 8th July 2021
Rating: 5 Stars

For all fans of Jenny Han, Holly Bourne and The Kissing Booth comes the must-have teen read from bestselling fiction author, Jenny Oliver!

Summer term and the heat is rising …

It's summer term at Chelsea High, the most exclusive school in town! The weeks ahead are filled with glamorous events – including a variety show AND a trip to a Greek island! But a shock revelation has new girl Norah Whittaker rethinking everything she thought she knew about herself. With family, friendship and romance up in the air, studying at Chelsea High is NEVER straightforward!

My only regret with this book was not having realised Jenny Oliver had moved into YA books sooner than I did, as I would have loved to have read Chelsea High first. 

In fact I didn't even realise until after I had started reading Forever Summer and then pulled up the info my computer at which point I twigged, but with that I will say this can easily be read as a standalone, but it may have taken me a bit longer to get to grips with the sizeable cast of characters. 

And my regret is purely because I was enjoying this one so much it's a shame I hadn't had a chance to read the series in order, as this is 100% my sort of book. 

I absolutely loved it! 

I've always loved books set in schools and this was no exception, and I couldn't help but really feel for Norah, her boyfriend is currently in New York with a seriously ill brother, her father is in prison, she is at a school for the rich only thanks to her grandparents paying the fees, and she's not really got that many friends. 

There are all the sorts of dynamics you would expect in a high school but there is also in terms of sports, well the school has a polo team, i mean I went to a private school with a whole range of sports on offer, but we certainly didn't have ponies and polo! I did love that Norah was in the Netball squad, which allowed me to relive my attempts to get into my own Netball squad (I always failed). 

There are so many big themes running through this book, and a plethora of fabulous storylines.  I am completely hooked on Norah's life and want more.  I really really hope there will be another book in this series, as I'm certainly not done with my time at Chelsea High.  I was enjoying it that much. 

Thank you to Electric Monkey and Netgalley for this copy which I have reviewed honestly and voluntarily. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...