Tuesday 15 February 2022

Book Review - No Ex Before Marriage by Portia MacIntosh

 The Amazon Purchase link below is an Amazon Affiliate link.

Amazon UK

Title: No Ex Before Marriage
Author: Portia MacIntosh
Format reviewed: Ebook
Source: Netgalley
Publisher: Boldwood Books
Publication Date: 11th January 2022
Rating: 5 Stars

It's not over until someone says 'I do'...

While her friends join the "Wife Club" one by one, Poppy feels like that part of her life is done and dusted. Already married and divorced she's not desperate to go through all that again.

But what if her divorce never actually went through...?

After a shock revelation Poppy not only discovers she is still married, but that Zac is about to have his second wedding!

Coming face to face with her (almost) ex-husband after six years apart is never going to be easy. And when Zac panics and tells his new wife-to-be that Poppy is family, things can't get much worse as she is welcomed with open arms as part of the wedding party!

As the memories flood back, can Poppy really leave the past where it is? And can she watch the first love of her life walk down the aisle to say 'I do' once again?

A laugh-out-loud romantic comedy from top 10 bestseller Portia MacIntosh, guaranteed to brighten up your day.

Calling all Hollywood movie producers, please turn this book into a film, it feels like a film, it was like a movie running through my head the whole time and its completely fabulous, so deserves to be on a big screen. 

I can't put my finger on whether this is loosely based on potentially an amalgamation of existing rom com movies, or whether its completely fresh and just written in a way that had the scenes playing out so so clearly in my head, but its brilliant! 

I've laughed quite a bit at this amusing story, which I whizzed through as it was just so readable and captured my attention so much more than quite a lot of the books that I've read recently.  It's reinvigorated me and reminded me just how much fun, and how much I really do love an excellently written rom-com.  (Not to say other books haven't been great, by my attention span has been iffy recently). 

I loved the race against time for Poppy to locate Zac at his new wedding, to explain that they are still married and that the divorce papers need re-signing.  The circumstances leading to this a great, and  the location of Zac's upcoming nuptials, a massive castle in Scotland is spectacular. 

Add in a new friend who is rather zany, some what are apparently out of character moments for Poppy as she tries to enjoy life, even though all her old friends seem to be freezing her out, and also flashbacks so we can see key moments of Poppy and Zac's relationship from the start to the end of it, and you have plenty to keep you entertained while reading this. 

Utterly fantabulous, I just hope my wish comes true and that we can see this on a big screen in the future as it would definitely be a hit! 

Thank you to Boldwood Books and Netgalley for this copy which I have reviewed honestly and voluntarily. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...