Wednesday 10 May 2023

Book Review - The Last Passenger by Will Dean

 The Amazon Purchase link below is an Amazon Affiliate link.

Amazon UK

Title: The Last Passenger
Author: Will Dean
Format reviewed: Ebook
Source: Netgalley
Publisher: Hodder & Stoughton
Publication Date: 11th May 2023
Rating: 5 Stars

Caz Ripley, a cafe owner from a small, ordinary town, boards the RMS Atlantica with her boyfriend Pete and a thousand fellow passengers destined for New York.
The next morning, she wakes to discover that everyone else on board has disappeared.
And that's just the beginning. Caz must prepare for a crossing that will be anything but plain sailing ...

With the drama of The Woman in Cabin 10 and the tension of And Then There Were None , The Last Passenger is a psychological thriller set aboard a cruise ship about a woman whose seemingly ordinary life is suddenly thrown dramatically off course. Will Dean is The Master of Intense Suspense and this novel is full of his trademark twists and turns.

OMG! WOW! OMG!
...
...
I literally have no words.  I'm completely speechless...
... I had absolutely no idea what to expect from my first Will Dean novel....
... but that was amazing, x a million.
... From the first chapter I realised this was the sort of book I needed to clear my schedule and read in one sitting. 
.... and Wowser, I was right.  There are twists and turns galore and I literally had absolutely no idea what would happen next at any point. 

I do know that I'm rather glad I was not reading this while on holiday or a cruise ship, as that would probably have spoilt my ability to relax for the rest of it.  As it is, I dread to think how I'll sleep tonight as I suspect this might stay with me for a long time. 

And there is within the pages an excellent social commentary about elements of life many of us indulge in. But to say anymore about just about anything and I risk a spoiler.

And that ending... OMG! That is going got be playing on my mind for days too. 

I had heard this author was good, but I don't think I realised just what I had been possibly missing out on until this point.  This is one excellent storyteller and the way he was able to get inside the readers head is fabulous. 

It's claustrophobic, it's full of drama, and twists and turns, and I will say I felt for Caz and her backstory.  And it was due to that that I was willing her on at all times, even while completely terrified at some points. 

If you read just one exhilarating unputdownable psychological thriller this year, make it this one.  It is that amazing! 

Thank you to Hodder & Stoughton and Netgalley for this copy which I have reviewed honestly and voluntarily. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...