Tuesday 16 April 2024

Book Review - Every Step You Take by M. A. Hunter

 The Amazon Purchase link below is an Amazon Affiliate link.

Amazon UK

Title: Every Step You Take
Author: M. A. Hunter
Format reviewed: Ebook
Source: Netgalley
Publisher: Boldwood Books
Publication Date: 28th March 2024
Rating: 5 Stars

Run for your life...

This morning I woke up to flowers - they should be well wishes for my big race but I know they’re not.

They’re from him.

He shouldn’t be here. He shouldn’t even be in the country. Last I heard he was behind bars for all he did to me.

But he says he’s going to be at the marathon today, watching me.

I have 26 miles to figure out what he wants. Or if it’s even him. Or I could lose more than just the race.

What a wonderfully addictive psychological Thriller this was. It was tense and I changed my mind as to who the threats were coming from almost as often as Molly did.

Following Molly as she battles many things in order to try to meet the Olympics qualifying time,  after recovering from a horrific injury, is astonishing.

We get chapters for each mile of the marathon and I was cheering her on, while also enjoying the alternating chapters giving us the timeline for the London marathon run up and just what is leading to her paranoia come race day. 

I was hooked and was regretting not being able to read this in longer stints as I needed to know what would happen next.

Despite being in front of the World in the elite women's race, it felt rather claustrophobic during the story while everyone becomes a suspect.  

It's a unique concept and one I was definitely invested in.  I loved every step of this book. It's brilliant, 

Thank you to Boldwood Books and Netgalley for this copy which I have reviewed honestly and voluntarily. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...