Thursday 18 April 2024

Book Review - Seeking Retribution by M. A. Comley

 The Amazon Purchase link below is an Amazon Affiliate link.

Amazon UK

Title: Seeking Retribution
Author: M. A. Comley
Format reviewed: Ebook
Source: Author supplied copy
Publisher: Jeamel Publishing Limited
Publication Date: 18th April 2024
Rating: 5 Stars

One night of fun, leads to serious consequences.

When Sara and her team investigate a missing person case, it soon becomes clear that things aren’t what they seemed at first glance.

With problems in her personal life, Sara is guilty of taking her eye off the ball. However, when a body is recovered from the river, and it's not the person they've been looking for, her attention is directed back to the case. After missing a vital clue Sara wonders if she and her team have overlooked anything else in what turns out to be a shocking murder inquiry.

Wow! Wow! Wow!

I just devoured this over the course of a day, not wanting to do anything in terms of real life until I had finished the book as I was so hooked on this right from the first chapter 

And in a very surprising change of pace, there is a lot less of DI Sara Ramsay and her team, and the main focus on the book was on the "bad guys".  Except what was going on was completely understandable and I had a lot of empathy for them, while not being quite as sympathetic to the victims. 

Which makes a change, or just means I've been reading too much crime recently. 

The title is completely apt and there is revenge and retribution being hunted for, after a night out goes wrong for one of the people that were out that evening.  And from there everything spirals. 

We still saw a fair bit of Sara and Carla, enough to catch up with their personal lives too, and to see just how they dealt with these latest cases, which I wouldn't have had a clue where to start. 

I was kept on my toes and was totally gripped by every single word of this book.  I think this may be one of my favourite books of this series so far, and they have all been great. 

I also can't believe we are up to book 23 of this series, it feels like only yesterday that I was eagerly starting it, and I already know I can't wait for the next book. 

Another brilliant story from the always amazing M. A. Comley. 

Thank you to the author for this copy which I have reviewed honestly and voluntarily. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...