The Amazon Purchase link below is an Amazon Affiliate link.

Amazon UK
Title: The Secret DivorcéeAuthor: The Secret DivorcéeFormat reviewed: EbookSource: NetgalleyPublisher: One More ChapterPublication Date: 1st January 2026Rating: 5 Stars
![]() |
| Amazon UK |
Title: The Secret Divorcée
Christmas is over. And so is my marriage…
Twenty years of marriage. Twenty years of ignored red flags. And one very smug ex-girlfriend.
He seemed perfect at first. Don’t they always? I fell fast, and I fell hard. So when I discovered his secret double life, suddenly all those years of feeling paranoid made sense.
I had two options (well three, if you count me and my best friend with two spades and a suspicious willingness to serve hard time):
1. Stay for the kids
2. Sacrifice my sanity to divorce the b*stard
The Secret Divorcée is my unfiltered story of falling for a red flag, betrayal, bad decisions, and how to turn heartbreak into hilarity – fuelled by wine and a side hustle my mother must never, ever find out about.
Oh this was just brilliant.
At times I wanted to laugh, at others I wanted to wring Tom's neck - ok that would be almost the whole time with regards to Tom.
What a see you next Tuesday he is. He is one of those most despicable sorts of men, and poor poor Cassie just fell for his persona completely.
Well until 20 years later she discovers definite proof that has been cheating on her, and then she grows a backbone with the help of a good friend.
Seeing her determination to rebuild her life, after giving over complete and utter control of everything to her hopefully soon to be ex-husband was inspiring.
I was absolutely loving her new side hustle which added a definite comedic and light hearted element to the story.
And with how it ends, all I can say is more please! I'd love sequel as I need to know what might be happening next to Cassie, while hoping she stays strong.
An inspired bit of writing that felt so real, I was hooked from start to finish.
Thank you to One More Chapter and Netgalley for this copy which I have reviewed honestly and voluntarily.
No comments:
Post a Comment