Wednesday 29 May 2019

Book Review - Am I Guilty? by Jackie Kabler

The Amazon Purchase link below is an Amazon Affiliate link.

Amazon UK
Title: Am I Guilty?
Author: Jackie Kabler
Format reviewed: Ebook
Source: Netgalley
Publisher: Killer Reads
Publication Date: 19th April 2019
Rating: 5 Stars


A mother’s job is to protect her child…
But everyone makes mistakes sometimes
Gripping, exciting and emotional, this book will grab you from the first page and refuse to let you go until the final chapter!

I never thought it would happen to me…

One moment I had it all – a gorgeous husband, a beautiful home, a fulfilling career and two adorable children. The next, everything came crashing down around me.

They said it was my fault. They said I’m the worst mother in the world. And even though I can’t remember what happened that day, they wouldn’t lie to me. These are my friends, my family, people I trust.

But then why do I have this creeping sensation that something is wrong? Why do I feel like people are keeping secrets? Am I really as guilty as they say? And if I’m not, what will happen when the truth comes out…?

Well I wasn't expecting that ending! I was so convinced part way through that I knew the gist of what had happened, and some of my guesses were correct but many other things occurred too much to my delight. 

I was completely gripped in this story, told from various viewpoints, about a mother's worst nightmare. 

There were times during this that I suspected everyone, at other times I was completely convinced that Thea was truly guilty - it was incredibly hard to know who to believe. 

It also can't work out how to phrase anything that I want to say about this story, in light of what I know now about how it all ends.  I suspect its best if you read the blurb,  and read the book for yourself.  You won't be disappointed  - it truly is a gripping story. 

I read the book in just a couple of sittings, even reading in bed when my eyes were feeling really blurry as I just wanted to read another chapter or two... but then there was another mini surprise that made me want to keep turning the pages even past my blatant need to sleep. 

I had read some cosy mysteries previously from Jackie Kabler, and enjoyed them, but this has really stepped up a gear and is a full blown psychological drama - it crept under my skin, and may continue to cling onto me for a while after finishing it. 

Definitely an author I want to read more from, and wow with that ending, I am very very curious what Jackie Kabler has in store for us all next! 

Many thanks to Netgalley and Killer Reads for this copy which I have reviewed honestly and voluntarily. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...