Sunday 5 May 2019

Book Review - Dreaming of Rome by T. A. Williams

The Amazon Purchase link below is an Amazon Affiliate link.
Amazon UK
Title: Dreaming of Rome
Author: T. A. Williams
Format reviewed: Ebook
Source: Netgalley
Publisher: Canelo 
Publication Date: 6th May 2019
Rating: 4.5 Stars


Rome is where the heart is… The heartwarming read of the summer
Jo has had enough of handsome men. After a painful break-up, she’s decided she doesn’t believe in love.

Then, while on a professional trip to the magical city of Rome, she meets Corrado, a scientist and her brother-in-law to be, who doesn’t believe in love either. To him, it’s just a biochemical reaction. So what’s the problem?

Well, he’s gorgeous for a start, as well as charming, generous, intelligent and attentive, and she feels herself immediately falling for him, despite her new outlook.

The majesty of the Eternal City brings them ever closer together. But is their relationship doomed, or will love conquer all?

I think I'm in love... not with Jo, not with the sexy Corrado, not with the city of Rome.. but with T.A. Williams latest adorable labrador, Daisy.   She is adorable,  clearly cares about not only Corrado but takes a very fast liking to Jo too.  I was always smiling when I was reading about her. 

Of course she isn't meant to be the star of the book, those other things I mentioned really are, and its once again clear how much the author clearly loves travel and Italy, as it shines through in his words.   I'm also pleased to say its not just Rome featured, but some other locations too which are equally wonderful. 

I did though find it took me a while to fully get into this book, possibly because our two main leads neither of them believe in love, and they have so much in common it was frustrating me that they couldn't see what me as a reader could see which is that they were clearly made for each other. 

I loved Jo's main passion outside of work, was butterflies, I learnt so much about the various species that exist, and found myself with the word "Lepidoptera" running over and over in my head, after seeing it a few times in the book. I literally had butterflies on the mind, although I've never managed to get as close to one as Jo did to take photos or video.  

I believe there is a message in this book about the environment, conservation and the use of plastics, its rather subtle but fairly sure its there, but given Jo's occupation its not overly surprising.  

Although It took a while to get going for me, once I was, I was enthralled, and was enjoying every moment of it.   

Thank you to much to Netgalley and Canelo for this copy which I have reviewed honestly and voluntarily. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...