Friday 10 May 2019

Book Review - The Baobab Beach Retreat by Kate Frost

The Amazon Purchase link below is an Amazon Affiliate link.
Amazon UK
Title: The Baobab Beach Retreat
Author: Kate Frost
Format reviewed: Ebook
Source: Author supplied copy
Publisher: Lemon Tree Press
Publication Date: 14th November 2017
Rating: 5 Stars

An ex-husband, two potential lovers, one reckless decision. Will Connie ever be happy in love?
When Connie Stone leaves behind a cheating husband and heartache in the UK for her aunt's beach retreat, the last thing she wants is for her life to once again be complicated by men. 

Yet when her past follows her to Tanzania, her time to heal is short-lived and a selfish act shatters her hopes for a fresh start. An unexpected return to the UK reveals a long-hidden family secret that Connie has to deal with before she can decide the direction her life should take. 

Getting over a broken heart was never going to be easy. Can Connie put the past to rest and find peace and love in a country far from home?

This easily had all my favourite things in one handy book:
 - Exotic Location of Tanzania 
 - Gorgeous scenery 
 - Sexy men (more than one of them) 
 - A character following her heart 
 - Hotels / Holidays - well I do love travel 
 - And best of all it was all an experience so far removed from my own normal holidays that I am now wondering when I can fit in a trip to Africa as I do love animals. 

I'd never really given Tanzania and Zanzibar much thought at all, other than knowing they are in Africa, so when a book came onto my radar featuring gorgeous sounding holiday location, I just knew I had to read it.  And best of all the author is planning a series of books set in other foreign destinations I can't wait! 

I devoured this story on a hot bank holiday weekend in my garden, where I was enjoying the start of the year's sun, and was able to easily imagine myself by Connie's side as she rediscovers the place that has been in her heart for 16 years since her last trip to see her aunt Bella. 

The writing was really evocative and conjured up some fabulous images in minds eye, at all of the different locations that were featured.   

Add in an ex-husband, severe sadness in Connie's recent past, and the chance to heal in the sun, in what turns out to be a working holiday, and you have the ingredients for what was a fabulous escapist read. 

The story moves along at quite a quick pace, and you aren't too bogged down in the minutiae of the characters days, just all the key elements, which add up to some great storytelling, and a brilliant way to pass the time, lost in the lives of these characters. 

There are even a few surprises along the way, a couple of curve balls thrown, that just add to the drama and attractiveness of the story to me. 

I really loved every moment of this rather exotic book, and can't wait to see where the series takes us next. 

Thank you to Kate Frost for this copy which I have reviewed honestly and voluntarily. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...