Wednesday 26 August 2020

Book Review - Flying Solo by Zoe May

The Amazon Purchase link below is an Amazon Affiliate link.
Amazon UK

Title: Flying Solo
Author: Zoe May
Format reviewed: Ebook 
Source: Author supplied copy
Publisher: Self published
Publication Date: 6th July 2020
Rating: 4 Stars

Rachel Watson has it all worked out. By the age of thirty, she’s ticked off most of the goals on her Life List. She’s a home owner, a partner at her law firm, she has a gorgeous boyfriend, lots of hobbies and loads of good friends. The only thing that’s missing is a ring on her finger.

According to her Life List, Rachel should be getting hitched around now, so when her boyfriend, Paul, plans a romantic date, Rachel’s pretty confident he’s going to propose. Except Paul has other ideas. He’s jetting off to India to find himself.

Distraught, Rachel doesn’t know what to do. Not one to easily admit defeat, she embarks on a mission to win him back.

Flying solo to India is definitely not part of Rachel's plans, but could her trip teach her unexpected lessons about love, life and herself? Could she realise that perhaps her Life List wasn’t exactly what she wanted, after all?

How I do love a bit or armchair travel, the more exotic the location the better for me, so a book largely set in an Indian Ashram was completely up my street. 

Even more so as Rachel (who shares my name!), like me has never considered visiting an ashram, and she is only going there to see if she can get her boyfriend back, after being dumped when she thought that Paul was going to propose.  Instead he decided he needs to find himself. 

A few weeks later Rachel decides to follow and is shocked by what life in an ashram is really like.  There is first the scene with Seb and the suitcase that had my laughing out loud, which is so amusing,  Then there is Rachel;s attempts at meditation, and watch out for a spirit animal session, that is bizarre! 

She strikes up a friendship with Seb, and it helps her to become accustomed to this way of life, along with a new friend Meera. It is such a different setting to what I'm used to , but I could picture it all so clearly, that I felt that I was there alongside Rachel. 

This was just such an enjoyable story, and wonderful escapism.  I thoroughly enjoyed my trip to India, and I really hope there is a sequel, as the I'd love to know what happens next. 

Quick and easy to read, was a fabulous way to while away an afternoon in the garden! 

Thank you to the author for this copy which I have reviewed honestly and voluntarily. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...