Saturday 29 August 2020

Book Review - The Saturday Morning Park Run by Jules Wake

The Amazon Purchase link below is an Amazon Affiliate link.
Amazon UK

Title: The Saturday Morning Park Run
Author: Jules Wake
Format reviewed: Ebook
Source: Netgalley
Publisher: One More Chapter
Publication Date: 29th August 2020
Rating: 5 Stars

This is the story of two women.
One old, one young.
One looking for new adventures. One looking for a purpose.
Both needing a friend.

And this is how, along with two little girls in need of a family, a gorgeous stranger, and a scruffy dog, they bring the whole community together every Saturday morning for love, laughter and a little bit of running…(well, power walking).

Some people come into your life when you need them the most.

Another wonderful book from an always must read author for me, Jule Wake. 

I think I need to start by saying what a powerhouse of a character Hilda is, she is force to be reckoned with and completely pivotal for everything in the book.  You may not think so when you first meet her, with her love of wacky tracksuits, but she is one wily older woman, and has a habit of persuading people do things in, in their best interests, whether they want to or not.

If I was like Hilda when I was older, then I would be incredibly happy, it sounds as though she has loved a colourful life, how much of it was true I think we may never know, and I think many people could do well to adopt her viewpoints on how to live life! 

In contrast there are Claire and Ash, who have a chemistry filled meet cute, fabulous night together and then well life changes for them both. 

And it's through their changes and development that they turn from workaholics into caring wonderful people.  I especially was hooked on how Claire was getting on with looking after her nieces who she previously barely knew, in light of their mother heading off to India with vague promises of when she might be back 

Ah then there is the park and the running and well I loved that thread too, although nothing would ever convince me that waking up on a Saturday morning to run 5k is a good idea, I enjoyed seeing how Claire and Ash's relationship with running changed, and how urged by Hilda they hope to set up a local Park Run. 

So many various threads running through this story, I loved Poppy and Ava, the nieces, and also Bill, the shaggy carpet dog, and just about everything to do with the book. 

It is Jules Wake at her finest and it was a purely enjoyable book to read.  I loved it! 

Thank you to Netgalley and One More Chapter for this copy which I have reviewed voluntarily, and honestly. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...