Sunday 9 August 2020

Malta here I come - and a sneaky look at my review TBR!

 Call me nuts, crazy, brave, insane, stupid... call me whatever you wish, but unless Malta is removed from the exemption list in the next few hours then I'm off on holiday in the early hours of the morning!! 

I'm not sure I'll believe it until I'm actually away and in the sky, but fingers crossed this is happening. 

If you weren't aware, I was hospitalised for a week with Covid back in March, and since then I'm more or less recovered with some exhaustion spikes - I'm hoping a fortnight in the sun, doing not much should regain those energy levels a bit! 

Although I hope you can't catch it again, I will still be following local guidelines with regards social distancing and masks etc.. and will try my hardest to be as safe as I can. 

My intention for this holiday is rather low key - sit and read / relax by the pool by day,  go to restaurants in the evenings , and make a dent in my review TBR - all relaxed.  Unless there is outdoor evening entertainment that is distanced I will try my best to ignore that craving and I'm not a big drinker / beach goes so want to put your minds at rest that I do intend if at all possible to come back in one piece!! 

This is the absolutely stunning looking hotel I will be staying at, and their website has the largest list of Covid protocol I've seen so rather hoping they are taking the world situation seriously. 

I think there is a chance I started working again while recovering earlier int he year a bit too soon, so am in dire need of the break. 

My review TBR having not had any holidays since Christmas is even more shocking state than normal and since I have done this with my last few trips again today I'll show you what is on my review TBR - which is fully loaded on my kindle and has the potential of being read while I'm away. 

I have been tending to read at random a lots this year but who knows what I'll pick when away, just rest assured I hope to make a dent, I need to make a dent before the stack topples over and buries me!!

Last year I read 36 books in Madeira and 33 in Mexico.... so how many will it be in Malta? And why do I keep travelling to "M" countries?!!

These are all the books by authors I have read and enjoyed before, so keen to read more of! 
And these are authors that are brand new to me! 
And then these are all the thrillers and darker reads that are tempting me! 

All of these are the summer looking reads / or should be great for armchair travel! 

Last but not least the brand new winter / Christmas books that I already have waiting for me! 

Believe it or not just making those graphics each time I go away actually reminds me of some of the books I have, and that I have failed to read so far!! A lot easier to see what I have in picture form.

But my question to you is which of these have you read? What do you think I should definitely read (besides all of them)? What are you looking forward to from these?  

I love hearing from you, and do often let your recommendations guide what I may read on holiday, especially when I can't decide what to read next! 

See you in a few weeks, and above all keep yourselves as safe as you can be. 

8 comments:

  1. I have The Chalet on my TBR pile, I think it looks fab! I have tours for a fair few of the ones you have there, and they are all extremely brill books! Just enjoy what you read and there is always another day for the rest!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh you have some corkers in those lists!

    Personally I loved Below the Big Blue Sky, The Day She Came Back, A Wedding at the Beach Hut and The Little Bookshop of Love Stories.

    Have a fab and well deserved holiday and I can't wait to see what you read whilst your away! Take care x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Some awesome books there! Hope you get the rest and break you need. Take care xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I loved The Guest List. Lucy Foley writes brilliant thrillers.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hope you have a relaxing and lovely holiday zrachel

    ReplyDelete
  6. So many great books there Rachel. My One True North and The Little Bookshop of Love Stories are wonderful. Have a fantastic holiday.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Erm, I'd maybe leave the Xmas ones behind! I always enjoy Marian Keyes & Nick Spalding xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. So many good books here both that I have read and that I want to read. Seeing your graphics has reminded me how many good books I have on my TBR. I am currently reading The Broken Hearts Honeymoon so I recommend that one. Happy holidays!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...