Wednesday 10 February 2021

Book Review - All My Lies Are True by Dorothy Koomson

 The Amazon Purchase link below is an Amazon Affiliate link.

Amazon UK

Title: All My Lies Are True
Author: Dorothy Koomson
Format reviewed: Paperback
Source: EDPR
Publisher: Headline Review
Publication Date: 21st January 2021
Rating: 5 Stars

Verity is telling lies...
And that's why she's about to be arrested for attempted murder.

Serena has been lying for years. . .
And that may have driven her daughter, Verity, to do something unthinkable...

Poppy's lies have come back to haunt her . . .
So will her quest for the truth hurt everyone she loves?

Everyone lies.
But whose lies are going to end in tragedy?

Mind is blown. 

What on earth have I just read?

Feel like I've been on a rollercoaster, just so much ooomph packed into this book. 

Completely unexpected revelations. 

Just wow. 

This is absorbing, enthralling reading that grabs you by the scruff of your neck and just won't let you go.   It took about 100 pages for me to full get into the book at which point the world could have ended and I may not have noticed. 

I was just drawn into the lives of Poppy, Serena, Verity, Logan and their families.  The viewpoint changes with almost every chapter and its always rather clear. 

This may be a sequel to The Ice Cream Girls, which I know I read and loved when it first came out 10 years ago, but honestly couldn't remember the details of, so in part this was as much a standalone in my mind and it worked so so well. 

The way this story unfolded, the way you see it happening from many perspectives, but at the same time you are never are sure who is telling the truth, what is being twisted, and well the title my feel like a contradiction but it is also entirely correct - and it will become apparent as you read. 

There is no way in a million years that I can do this book justice with a mere review, you are best reading it for yourself if it even remotely appeals as you won't be disappointed. 

Just Wow! 

Thank you to EDPR for this copy which I have reviewed honestly and voluntarily. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...