Tuesday 9 February 2021

Book Review - Shot of Silence by M A Comley

 The Amazon Purchase link below is an Amazon Affiliate link.

Amazon UK

Title: Shot of Silence
Author: M A Comley
Format reviewed: Ebook
Source: Author supplied copy
Publisher: Jeamel Publishing Limited
Publication Date: 21st January 2021
Rating: 5 Stars

He has them in his sight...

One squeeze of the trigger will end their lives in an instant.

When two business executives are killed within hours of each other, DI Katy Foster and her partner, DC Charlie Simpkins, realise they have a tough case on their hands, especially when the killer targets one of them.

When tragedy strikes, DC Charlie Simpkins is on her own to track down the sniper causing mayhem on the streets of London. Will the young detective prove to be a competent replacement for Katy, or will the sniper claim her as his next victim?

A crime thriller full of twists and turns.

I think this is the book I've been waiting for in this new Justice Again series.  For its the one for reasons you may not expect that DC Charlie Simpkins has to take on a slightly larger role, and it was great to see. 

It's what I've been wanting and I'm going to be even more curious as to how Charlie's dynamics with the rest of the team develop as she continues in her development.

Oh and there is a serial killer with a sniper gun on the loose, who we very early on get the hint that they want to play games with the police or at least keep them on their toes, and you know things will escalate rather quickly with that sort of intent. 

I almost have to admire this killer for just how ballsy they are - and then I remember they are a murderer and thus should only be despising them. 

It's a rather tricky case for Katy and Charlie to solve and not for the first time, have I thought how glad I am that I'm not in the police, as I would never be able to think the way they do, and work out even the basics of where to start, let alone come up with a plan of action. 

I've said it before but I'll say it again, I'm out of superlatives for M A Comley, such is not only her skill at writing these books but the speed of them too,  which all adds up to one impressive author. 

Thank you the author for this copy which I have reviewed honestly and voluntarily. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...