Friday 8 April 2022

7 Years?! That's insane! Happy Blogivesary to Me!

Happy Blog birthday to me! 

Can you believe it that 7 years ago today, I launched Rachel's Random Reads? I'm struggling to believe it, given so much has happened within those 7 years. 

But one thing has stayed constant my love of book, reading, and of course the fact that I keep writing reviews into the internet, in the hopes that someone may also be tempted to read some of the same books that I have loved. 

So a massive thank you has to go to anyone that has ever supported my blog, from Laura Bambrey (who basically kicked me into gear and had me start the blog in the first place), to all the authors who have written such fabulous books, without which I wouldn't really have a reason to blog.   To all the bloggers who provide such a friendly book community and made me feel welcome from day 1.  

I also have to given a mahooosive thank you to Alison Daughtrey-Drew  (Ali the Dragon Slayer), who was such a massive support to me from the first few weeks of the blog (after I admitted I had started one).  She has kept me sane and going on so many occasions.  Unfortunately she lost her long battle against the dragon (of cancer) earlier this year, and she is missed every single day. Ali - I love you, you are the best and I will never forget you. 

And of  course a huge thank you to anyone who is just generally reading my blog and enjoys my reviews.  I just hope they are of some help. 

Anyone who visits regularly may have noticed my posting hasn't been as consistent recently.  This is purely as books seem to be taking me longer to read.  Back in year 1 of the blog when I had the nightmarish commute, I was often reading a book a day.  Fast forward to 2022 and it seems more like a book per 3-4 days most of the time, which is driving me nuts.  Work which I love, definitely eats into reading time, as does my re-awakened over the last year love of video games.  

Time is becoming a nightmare to juggle, and I'm almost looking forward to seeing John Bishop at the O2 tonight more because it's the best part of an hour each way on the tube, and thus uninterrupted by anything else reading time, than actually seeing the comedy! 

Rest assured though that I'm not going anywhere I have every intention of keeping blogging as long as there are books to read, I just may not be quite as prolific as before, and frankly the next couple of weeks are looking a tad sparse on the blog, purely as I am either reading books to stay ahead of tours I'm organising (to avoid spoilers), or when I pick something randomly they seem to be books not coming out for a while, so I have reviews scheduled far in advance, but not necessarily 

Easily my highlight of the last year, was receiving the RNA Media Star of the Year Award, something I still can't believe, I love looking at it, and know that had I never started my blog then I would have never won an award ever in my life. So thank you once more to the RNA. 

It's looking like very slowly in person book events are starting to appear again.  I just hope all the fabulous publishers haven't forgotten me, as the online events weren't really doing anything for me, as nothing beats the thrill of meeting an author in real life, not across the screen.  I just hope my days of going to book launches and showcases  and meet ups aren't numbered, as I'll take any excuse to leave the house, jump on a tube and benefit from extra reading time, in addition to the event itself! 

Anyways no idea how I've managed 7 years, I don't think there is much I have kept at for that long ever, and I hope that we are all still together in another 7 years time. 

Thanks for supporting my little piece of the internet, I love you all! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...