Thursday 28 April 2022

Book Review - The Heights by Louise Candlish - #HolidayReading #UKCruise

 The Amazon Purchase link below is an Amazon Affiliate link.

Amazon UK

Title: The Heights
Author: Louise Candlish
Format reviewed: Ebook
Source: Netgalley
Publisher: Simon and Schuster
Publication Date: 5th August 2021
Rating: 5 Stars

He thinks he’s safe up there. But he’ll never be safe from you. 
 
The Heights is a tall, slender apartment building among the warehouses of Tower Bridge, its roof terrace so discreet you wouldn’t know it existed if you weren't standing at the window of the flat directly opposite. But you are. And that’s when you see a man up there – a man you’d recognize anywhere. He’s older now and his appearance has subtly changed, but it’s definitely him. 

Which makes no sense at all since you know he has been dead for over two years.  You know this for a fact.  

Because you’re the one who killed him.  It’s time to confess what we did up there.
 
‘Kieran Watts has been dead for over two years when I see him standing on the roof of a building in Shad Thames…’

#CloseToTheEdge

One thing I have come to expect from  a Louise Candlish book is that I will continually be shocked until the last possible moment and I run out of pages, and there was no exception here. 

I was enthralled and hooked by the opening chapter, where is there is confession of sorts and seeing the events leading up to that point, were incredibly gripping. 

I was hooked on this book, and really wasn't sure what to think a lot of the time, just knew I needed to read more pages to find out what would happen next. 

I'm unsure what I would do in Ellen Saint's position but I'd like to think I wouldn't react as strongly as she did. But you never know!

Another just wonderfully addictive story that I can't say much about purely as anything I would say is potentially a spoiler.  Rest assured that if you already know you love this author that you are in for a treat, as you are if anything about this book is calling to you to read it!

Thank you to Simon & Schuster and Netgalley for this copy which I have reviewed honestly and voluntarily. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...