Friday 2 September 2022

Book Review - The Accidental Newlywed Game by Jaci Burton

 The Amazon Purchase link below is an Amazon Affiliate link.

Amazon UK

Title: The Accidental Newlywed Game
Author: Jaci Burton
Format reviewed: Ebook
Source: Netgalley
Publisher: Headline Eternal
Publication Date: 28th June 2022
Rating: 5 Stars

A wedding mistake? Or a marriage for keeps?

Wedding planner Honor Bellini is glad to see a familiar face when she runs into her sister's ex-fiancé, Owen Stone, in Las Vegas during business trip. That is until a night of drinking leads to them waking up in bed together - and a marriage certificate from a wedding that neither of them can recall.

Owen suggests an immediate annulment and Honor agrees, but when they spend the day together, their chemistry is overwhelming. Plus, Honor has a flash of memory of their steamy wedding night, and she definitely likes what she remembers. They decide to wait and head back to Oklahoma determined not to tell anyone at home what happened in Vegas.

The problem is, Honor and Owen can't seem to stay away from each other. This huge secret has the potential to hurt someone they both care about. But could this accidental marriage be turning into love?

Is there any better way to spend the hottest day of the year, than reading a rather hot romance?  I can't think of any, and this certainly didn't help my heat levels, as this had clear sexual chemistry from the off. 

Of course the fact that Honor and Owen don't initially realise what they have done is the stuff that films are made of!  It's great, and then watching them work out what on earth to do with this info and to start to try to unravel it is fun. 

I didn't realise until after I had finished the book that this was the third book in a series about the Bellini series, so I can safely say it can easily be read as a standalone. However given how much I enjoyed it, I am sorry that I hadn't read and had the full background on the other two sisters. 

I loved the Bellni's but I also thoroughly enjoyed Owen, and his new furry friend too.  

I really enjoyed the various layers to this story, and given it's my first book from the author thoroughly enjoyed her writing too.  This certainly won't be my last Jaci Burton book. 

I fabulously hot and entertaining romance guaranteed to distract you from the reality of life for a few hours while you lose yourself between the pages. 

Thank you to Headline Eternal and Netgalley for this copy which I have reviewed honestly and voluntarily. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...