Monday 19 September 2022

Book Review - Reckless Girls by Rachel Hawkins - #HolidayReading Cruise

 The Amazon Purchase link below is an Amazon Affiliate link.

Amazon UK

Title: Reckless Girls
Author: Rachel Hawkins
Format reviewed: Ebook
Source: Netgalley
Publisher: HarperCollins
Publication Date: 28th January 2022
Rating: 5 Stars

The holiday of your dreams…
When Lux and Nico get the chance to sail to a remote island off the coast of Hawaii, they’re thrilled. It’s the trip they’ve been dreaming of their whole lives.

A tropical paradise…
Despite a dark history of shipwrecks and murder, the island is beautiful. But they’re not alone – another group is already there.

No one will hear your screams…
It’s not long before cracks emerge, and someone goes missing. Then a body surfaces, and Lux starts to wonder if any of them are going to make it back to shore alive…

This is the first book I've read by Rachel Hawkins and based on this experience it certainly won't be the last either. 

From the first few pages I was hooked, and just couldn't get enough of this story. 

From the far flung exotic starting location complete with some humour to the deserted island where most of the story in the present takes place, this was just my sort of a book all over. 

I loved the various chapters focusing on other characters, especially in what led them to be on the island, and there is plenty of action and adventure throughout, 

I devoured this book in a few short hours while on holiday, which is perfect time to read it, as its escapist, but also quite dark in places, and just generally had holiday read vibes about it. 

I loved every second I spent between the pages, but I won't be adding Melrose Island to my list of must visit places anytime soon, after the events that occur there during this novel!

Thank you to HarperCollins and Netgalley for this copy which I have reviewed honestly and voluntarily.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...