Tuesday 13 September 2022

Book Review - The Wedding Cake by Isabella May

 The Amazon Purchase link below is an Amazon Affiliate link.

Amazon UK

Title: The Wedding Cake
Author: Isabella May
Format reviewed: Ebook
Source: Author supplied copy
Publisher: Self Published
Publication Date 25th July 2022
Rating: 5 Stars

One steamy summer in Spain. One accidentally double-booked eight-tier wedding cake that needs to put in a same day appearance at a rustic countryside finca AND a beachside villa. Two brides. Two grooms. Hundreds of hungry guests.

FREYA ASHCROFT, owner and culinary whizz at Marbella’s five star bakery (and general queen of dating disasters), is going to need a miracle to save this date. If only that was her sole dilemma. She's also fallen head over heels in love with super hot fitness instructor, TIM NUTKINS... and his rippling abs.

Which would be fine, if he wasn't one of her aforementioned male clients.

I have a sudden craving for delicious multi tiered show stopping cake, ideally from Freya's cakery. Well not sudden, it's crept up on continuously as I was getting hungry while reading about the gorgeous cakes Freya makes and now I want to jump on a plane to Marbella and buy one for my self. 

I also absolutely love how one of the couples getting married in this story are from a few of Isabella May's previous books and I was so happy to catch up with their story, and couldn't get enough of the chapters from their point of view. 

On the other hand the chapters about Tim made me want to tear my hair out, to say I wasn't keen on his bride to be is an understatement of the year!  I couldn't help but feel for him and his first meeting with cake creator Freya was wonderful. 

We also had our third main character being Freya and I really liked her, loved her food, and think she has the most development of everyone as she makes some changes in her life and certain realisations. And she has a wonderful attitude and clearly off the charts chemistry with Tim. 

Piper's influencer demands and life sounded exhausting and she came across as incredibly self centred, but equally I did enjoy some of her demands, in a "I can't believe she just said that" sort of a way! 

I really enjoy Isabella May's writing and this is another great addition to her foodie romance series, of standalone romances.  I loved the Marbella and Puerto Banus location, which possibly attracted me to the book even more than the thought of cake - and felt it lived up to my basic knowledge of the towns and their personnel. 

Was wonderful to be able to sit in the garden and devour this book during a heatwave.  Perfect garden / summer reading! 

Thank you to the author for this copy which I have reviewed honestly and voluntarily, 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...