Thursday 1 December 2022

Book Review - The Christmas Trip by Sandy Barker

 The Amazon Purchase link below is an Amazon Affiliate link.

Amazon UK

Title: The Christmas Trip
Author: Sandy Barker
Format reviewed: Ebook
Source: Netgalley
Publisher: One More Chapter
Publication Date: 10th November 2022
Rating: 5 Stars

Another year has passed and it’s Christmas again. This year best friends Chloe, Jules and Lucy are all loved up but living worlds apart.

Chloe is madly in love with her celebrity beau, Archer, but after a whirlwind year in Hollywood’s limelight, she’s desperate to get away and spend some quality time together.

Jules loves her Melbourne life – and gorgeous winemaker Matt – but a crowded flat share has her longing for a place of her own.

Meanwhile, Lucy is stuck in a long distance relationship, jetting back and forth between Colorado and London to see Will.

When Archer’s plan to whisk Chloe to Paris goes awry, he surprises her by bringing her friends together for a Christmas to remember…

The perfect feel-good holiday romance for fans of Sarah Morgan, Jo Thomas and Holly Martin.

I couldn't put this down, I was reading the majority of it on the tube, and it's actually a miracle I managed to get off at the right stops as I was completely unaware of my surroundings I was that engrossed in the story. 

Taking place a year after The Christmas Swap we get to spend more time with the May girls this time in Hawaii. And we get to reunite with them, and their men who they met in thee previous book too.  

As I have come to expect from a Sandy Barker novel there is a keen emphasis on location and I could picture Hawaii really clearly and so vividly. And I loved the introduction of Leilani as a character, she is house keeper and mama figure in the luxurious property they are all staying in, in Hawaii. 

And I enjoyed getting to know her a bit and could feel the warmth of her personality from here. I was less keen on meeting Audrey, although she is a bit mixed up and does have some redeeming qualities, it takes a while for her to grow on you. 

Just how great are the men in this book, I would happily have Archer, Matt or Will as my boyfriend, they are just so wonderful and I love seeing how they treat their May Ladies.  

I loved all these characters in thee first book and absolutely adore them even more after this one.  It is everything you want for in a Christmas romance, and given I am personal fan of Christmas in the sun, I loved seeing how the girls, especially Lucy trying to turn Hawaii into a familar sort of Christmas, or adapting their expectations. 

It is so special to see all three of these best friends in the same country at the same time, and it's just an all around feel good story that is immersive and wonderful to read. 

Thank you to One More Chapter and Netgalley for this copy which I have reviewed honestly and voluntarily. 

1 comment:

  1. Thank you so much the review, Rachel - this means the world to me.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...