Sunday 11 December 2022

Merry Christmas Everyone! I'm off... but where to and what's on my holiday kindle this time?

Fingers crossed that so long as I get to the airport in time on Monday morning (have a sister driving who is refusing to account for the fact that the weather could make the journey time longer), I should hopefully be off to Mexico on Monday morning. 

And given our current cold snap, I really do need to get some much needed winter sun into my body.  I am staying at this gorgeous looking hotel 


My intent is to spend 14 days, lazing by the pool with a kindle in hand, soaking up the sun, cooling off with a swim, and generally relaxing and doing as little as possible. My other holidays this year have been far too active - this one needs to be relaxed and calm and lazy, as I need a total reset before 2023. 

I literally can't wait to get onto that plane and then my holiday will truly start - even looking forward to seeing what films TUI are showing on the outbound journey, have this feeling will be too soon for the new Matilda to make it onto a plane! 

As has been tradition on my pre-holiday posts on my blog I'm about to show you what is currently on my review TBR - these are all books I've promised to review (my timing could be off on a large amount of them admittedly). 

For all of the books that I have had on this list since some point in 2020, or 2021, if it's one of your books then I do apologise, I'm really sorry I haven't got to them yet. I do try my hardest but I regularly close my eyes and stab my kindle at random to see what book I am reading next - and is what I will probably do within various collections on it throughout the holiday. 

Well how on earth are you meant to pick between books from fabulous authors, when you have so many of them to read!

So here are the 86 books on my Netgalley shelf, arranged by publisher (just cos I always like to see which publishers I should probably play catch up with at this time of year)  -  but which ones do you recommend?  What are you looking forward to reading yourself?

And which thriller should I start my holiday reading with (have read so many Christmas recently I need an addictive palate cleansing thriller to start the holiday with). 
















What a selection, I thoroughly enjoyed making those graphics and if nothing else that is a great reminder for me as to what on earth I still have to look forward to reading and might be reading on this holiday. 

What are your thoughts on my Netgalley shelf? Any of your favourite authors?  I think there are around 21 books of these that are by authors I've never read before so that could be very exciting. 

Anyways my regular reviews will be back currently scheduled for 4th January. 

However you are spending the Christmas and New Year- I hope you have time to read loads of books!  

And please tell me which thriller / crime / psych thriller I should read on the plane to get my holiday reading off to the best start? (Just counted think I have 20 of those too). Anyone would think I have a balanced TBR at this rate! 

Have a very Merry Christmas and see you all in hopefully a Happy 2023! 

Oh and if you are so inclined feel free to let me know how many books you think I will read over the 14 night... with 2 long haul flight holiday! 

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...