Thursday 8 December 2022

Book Review - A Merry Little Meet Cute by Julie Murphy and Sierra Simone

 The Amazon Purchase link below is an Amazon Affiliate link.

Amazon UK

Title: A Merry Little Meet Cute
Author: Julie Murphy and Sierra Simone
Format reviewed: Ebook
Source: Netgalley
Publisher: HarperCollins
Publication Date: 20th September 2022
Rating: 5 Stars

When Bee Hobbes takes the lead in a squeaky-clean romantic Christmas movie, there are only three rules:

1. Don’t get involved with anyone on set.
2. Don’t tell anyone what you do for a living.
3. Definitely don’t get involved with anyone on set.
3b. Seriously.

Now, she’s filming in Christmas Notch, a small town with Christmas trees and festive tunes all year round.

But Bee’s got a secret identity to hide, and it’s not family-friendly. And her co-star, Nolan Shaw, an ex-boyband member infamous for his own x-rated antics, not only knows it, but is secretly her biggest fan.

When things start to heat up on set, Bee and Nolan must keep this steamy affair under wraps, or risk ruining everything . . .

This is the book I didn't realise I needed in my life. And it's one that I really wish I had saved for a holiday, as the heat level in this is off the charts, and I love reading those sorts of books poolside! 

This is one of those books that probably needs a heat level rating, and certainly isn't suitable for anyone who doesn't have an open mind!  For the sexual chemistry between Nolan and Bee is off the charts, and these are without a doubt some of the best sex scenes I have read in a while 

In fact I really could have done with a dip in a pool to cool myself off while reading this! 

It's certainly not what I expected based on the adorably innocent cover, and for me that made it all tbe better. 

At it's heart we have a reformed bad boy, boy band member attempting to make his acting debut in a Hallmark style Christmas movie for the squeaky clean Hope channel. 

And Bee is hoping this could make her move into mainstream films,  but the one thing they both have in common even before they start filming is the need to project a wholesome image for this film and that no shenanigans should be going on behind closed doors, and certainly not leaked to the press. 

Unbeknownst to each other they have secretly been fantasising about each other for years, so you know sparks will fly once they actually meet. 

And boy do they! There is so so much that I enjoyed about this book, inclusive of some really positive messages about women, as well as the reasoning behind why Nolan is even trying to do make this movie and restart his career. 

There is a fabulous cast of characters who I thoroughly enjoyed meeting and getting to know. 

Completely wonderful and an incredibly pleasurable piece of writing that kept me very happy as I was reading it.  The first book I've ever read by either member of this writing duo and if they team up again, I will certainly be keen to see what else they come up with. 

Actually I'd like more set within this setting, with more of these characters, or perhaps Nolan's ex band mates, who I feel could be very intriguing main characters in their own right.  Please! 

Thank you to HarperCollins and Netgalley for this copy which I have reviewed honestly and voluntarily.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...