Wednesday 28 June 2023

Book Review - Adrift by M. A Hunter

 The Amazon Purchase link below is an Amazon Affiliate link.

Amazon UK

Title: Adrift
Author: M. A. Hunter
Format reviewed: Ebook
Source: Netgalley
Publisher: Boldwood Books
Publication Date: 4th May 2023
Rating: 5 Stars

A stag do, six old friends … and a secret they’d all kill to protect.
When Pete and his friends set sail on a private yacht in the Balearics to celebrate Fergus’ upcoming wedding, they’re all looking forward to sun, sea and copious quantities of alcohol.

But there’s a reason they are still entwined in each other’s lives a decade after leaving university. A terrible event they’ve all been trying their hardest to forget.

They say you can’t outrun the past … And these six friends are about to find that out the hard way.

What a rather impressive story. I literally didn't see that ending coming, nor did I predict any of the twists. 

It's a fairly claustrophobic thriller with the action mainly set on a yacht, but we also have flashbacks to how the friends met and just what binds them all together.  Some of the past action was tricky to read due to its content. 

I was completely hooked on the action in this story,  I had slight reservations during the first couple of chapters, but then it all clicked and it was a rather addictive read from then on. To the extent I was reading for far longer than I should have done in bed, as I had to know what was going on. 

At times I think I suspected everyone, there are motives all over the place and I even invented a possible motive for one person that I'm still half surprised wasn't there at all.  

What I do know is this is one luxury yacht trip that I'm incredibly glad I wasn't on.  

I loved the writing and storytelling and am so pleased I gave this book a go. I'm excited to see what the author will write next. 

Thank you to Boldwood Books and Netgalley for this copy which I have reviewed honestly and voluntarily. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...