Tuesday 8 October 2024

Book Review - A Breath of Fresh Air by Jessica Redland

 The Amazon Purchase link below is an Amazon Affiliate link.

Amazon UK

Title: A Breath of Fresh Air
Author: Jessica Redland
Format reviewed: Ebook
Source: Netgalley
Publisher: Boldwood
Publication Date: 10th January 2024
Rating: 5 Stars

Rosie feels like there's something missing in her life.

She loves her job as the manager of Willowdale Hall Riding Stables, caring for the horses and teaching children to ride, and she loves the home she shares with her mother in the beautiful Lake District. But she can't help wondering how her life might look if things had been different. What if her father had been around to help care for her mother? And what if she'd found someone special herself?

When Hubert Cranleigh - the owner of Willowdale Hall - is taken ill, his son Oliver steps into the breach. Brooding and distant, Rosie is furious when he claims not to know who she is. Especially when they have a history.

Rosie's life is about to be turned upside down, but with the New Year comes new opportunities. What Rosie feels is missing from her life might be closer than she thinks, and with more significant consequences than she could ever have imagined...

Take a breath of fresh air and escape to the Lake District with million-copy bestseller Jessica Redland, for an uplifting story of family, friendship and love.

Warning - this book ends on an epic cliff hanger. The good news it that the next book is already out, so the second you know you are enjoying this book and series enough to suspect you will want to read the next one, buy it so you can move on seamlessly. 

I mean the second I finish writing this review I will be starting the next book.. I need answers, and thankfully I had been made aware in advance that there was a cliff hanger ending, and thus I had put off reading this book until I had the next one available too - otherwise I would raging right now!!

And omg what a great book this is, I absolutely loved every single word of it and at times I was a bit choked up with emotion too. 

It is what Jessica Redland does best, writes a story with a huge heart, some wonderful animals, brilliant backstories and some incredibly loveable main characters. 

Getting to know Rosie and Alice better, having first met them in the previous book was a joy.  I had nothing but sympathy for Alice, and I really hoped things would improve for her. 

And Rosie, what can I say about Rosie, she has an epic storyline, plus an old flame / enemy comes back into her life and there are parental secrets all over this book. 

It's just simply brilliant, I don't want to risk spoiling anything, but I will say the Lake District setting is as gorgeous as ever, and I felt more at home there in this second book. And the horses in the stables, I loved hearing all about them.  I do love a focus on animals in stories something that this author does so well. 

Then there is Ollie, I was unsure how to feel about him initially but as the story progressed I grew to love him a lot, and really despise his father.  But the more I knew about him the I was rooting for him. 

This was just an all around brilliant book and I'm totally convinced now after two books that this is a series that will be totally brilliant.  Now must run I need to find out what happens next! 

Thank you to Boldwood and Netgalley for this copy which I have reviewed honestly and voluntarily. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...