Thursday 17 October 2024

Book Review - Last Man Standing by M A Comley

 The Amazon Purchase link below is an Amazon Affiliate link.

Amazon UK

Title: Last Man Standing
Author: M A Comley
Format reviewed: Ebook
Source: Author supplied copy
Publisher: Jeamel Publishing Limited
Publication Date: 17th October 2024
Rating: 5 Stars

With a serial killer on the loose, trust is a luxury no one can afford, and everyone is a suspect.

When DI Sara Ramsey receives a chilling call from her pathologist friend, she learns of a shocking murder—a local vicar has been killed. But why him, and why now?

He might be the first victim, but he won't be the last.

In a small hamlet in Hereford, the killer seems to be targeting victims based on their roles in the community. As the body count rises, Sara must race against time to unmask the murderer before the entire village falls under a shadow of terror.

I couldn't get enough of this book, I whizzed through it, and even though I was utterly convinced I had an idea who the killer was, I was totally wrong (although did guess what the key issue was!). 

Always good to be reading another DI Sara Ramsey story, and this is another cracking instalment. 

There are a series of shocking murders in a really small hamlet which is rather unusual for the area, but yet it is clear the murders are pre-meditated and yet the police don't seem to have any real leads to go on. 

I always enjoy seeing how the investigation comes together and this really ramped up to a thrilling conclusion. 

The story had unnerved me enough that I regretted reading it just before bed and then kept thinking I could hear noises, although I did get some sleep, but other than that I couldn't wait to finish it the following morning.  

It's easy to read, kept me on my toes and was just yet another really impressive book from one of my go to crime authors. 

Thank you to the author for for this copy which I have reviewed honestly and voluntarily. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...