Thursday 26 October 2017

Book Review - Christmas at the Lucky Parrot Garden Centre by Beth Good & Viki Meadows

Amazon UK
Title: Christmas at the Lucky Parrot Garden Centre
Author: Beth Good & Viki Meadows
Format reviewed: Ebook
Source: Author supplied copy
Publisher: Thimblerig Books
Publication Date: 17th October 2017
Rating: 4 Stars


Christmas is coming to the Lucky Parrot Garden Centre near Whitby. And along with those first flakes of snow comes a tall, dark, and highly tempting stranger ... 

Hannah is a sensible, hard-working Yorkshire lass, and her heart is set on a career in landscape gardening. Not on falling in love, not even with a man as drop-dead gorgeous as Daniel Elliott. He's a film producer, for goodness sake, more used to Hollywood parties than stomping about in muddy wellies.

But as the evenings draw in and the snow thickens, can Hannah resist the warmth and sparkle of this very unusual man? And if she can't, what's to say Daniel won't disappear every bit as mysteriously as he arrived?

What a charming novella that I thoroughly enjoyed.  To start with I was wondering what on earth I was letting myself in for, when Hannah had some rather odd suspicions about the man she has seen at her neighbours house. 

Hannah it turns out is very good at jumping to conclusions as well as getting herself into funny but embarrassing situations, which are great fun for the reader.  I loved the setting of the Lucky Parrot Garden Centre, and would love to hear more about the other worker there. Then again I also want the next book in this series to be a straight sequel so I can see what happens to Hannah next. 

A special mention has to go to the animals in the book, an eclectic mix which are so so funny. It is not often that you have hens, a parrot, a snake and a cat all in the same book, and in some combinations in the same place at the same time. 

There is clear chemistry between Daniel and Hannah which I enjoyed reading about, and their Christmas day also made me laugh. 

Overall this is a light hearted, funny Christmas novella, from an author I always enjoy and a debut writer that I think does add a slightly different feel to the book and I can't wait to see what is next from them. 

Thank you to Beth Good for this copy which I have reviewed honestly and voluntarily. 

1 comment:

  1. Thanks so much for this, Rachel! I'm sure Viki will be delighted as well. :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...