Monday 9 October 2017

Rachel Reads Randomly - Vote #73


 
Thank you everyone for your input last time. The results of the last vote were:

3 Votes -  Christmas at Rosewood by Sophie Pembroke
6 Votes - One Day in December by Shari Low
9 Votes - Christmas at the Log Fire Cabin by Catherine Ferguson

As always I love reading the comments, and I can only apologise to those that do think its too early for Christmas, however as someone who loves Christmas books and tries to read loads of them, its about the right time of year already.  To everyone else, thank you so much for picking another fabulous book for me. I loved Christmas at the Log Fire Cabin. 

It's official, its the run up to Christmas, give or take Halloween, hence its time for us to do a few weeks of Christmas random reads, or until I run out of eligible books! This is purely as I only like reading them at this time of year, and never like having too many left over year to year! For the next couple of months, there will only be 3 choices each week due to the smaller pool to pick from. I have added in this year a few of the wintery sounding books too, just for a bit of variety!  

Below is my initial theory for this feature, and then a bit further, what you are all waiting for... This weeks's vote! Enjoy!

I am also awful at deciding what book to read next, as I often have about 10 titles or authors jumping into my brain at any time, shouting at me to read them, and I tend to worry I have made the wrong decision while reading a perfectly good book. I am hoping this will save me having to make at least 1 choice a week, while possibly providing a review to the site of a book you all either love or are curious about yourselves. 

So what I am proposing, is my lovely loyal readers of Rachel's Random Reads, select one book for me to read a week, and I will post the review the following week. 

This week's random numbers are...



And the books these numbers correspond to are...


So the 5 choices with my gut feeling responses are:



4 - Christmas at the Dancing Duck by Daisy James - Love the author and based on what I've seen on the promo graphics there should be Christmas food involved! 
5 - Twelve Days of Christmas by Debbie Macomber -  Love the author, but not so keen on the cover. Can't recall anything specific about this but will probably be a very easy read! 
12 - Charlee and the Chocolate Shop by Jessica Redland - Love the author and well this one has Chocolate and Christmas in it , how can it be anything but very tempting?!

3 Authors I absolutely love reading, really need to make sure I fit all these books into my reading this Christmas, but which one will be the priority and first one that I will read? Well it is of course up to you, will be very interested in seeing how this one pans out. 

And authors, if its your book up on this feature, feel free to take part, vote for yourself, or stir up excitement amongst your fans! 

Pick your favourite or the one you most want me to review, or just the one you are curious about, and leave me a comment below, before midnight on Wednesday. 

I look forward to seeing what I will be reading over the weekend, courtesy of you all. 

The explanation if you haven't seen the feature before. 

How is this going to work?

Every Monday, I am going to have a post like this, which is going to have some choices on it. I am planning on using random.org to select 7 random numbers, to coincide with my spreadsheet of unread books.  

I will from that produce a list of hopefully 5 books, I reserve the right to veto any books, and will give reasons for them, if it occurs.

I will take screenshots and post them, of the chosen books, and also give you my instinctive reactions to the choices (without checking blurbs or any other info about them, which could be interesting as there are probably many forgotten about books on my spreadsheet!). 

Your task is to post a comment on this post, with the book you would like me to read this week. At midnight on Wednesday I will take a tally of the votes and the book with the most, I will read and review for the following Monday, where you will also get a new choice post. 

In the event of a tie, I will chose which one appeals most, for the Monday review, and possibly try and read and review the other to appear when I can. 

I am hoping this will provide some variety to the books appearing, and will let me potentially read or discover some great authors that I have wanted to read but not got around to yet.

22 comments:

  1. Can I vote that you read all three? *sigh* I thought not. Christmas at the Dancing Duck then.
    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  2. From Twitter:

    Emma Crowley‏ @emthebookworm 3h3 hours ago
    More
    Replying to @gilbster1000
    My vote is for Christmas at the Dancing Duck because I have this one to read and would be interested to see what you think of it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Go for Jessica's Charlee, Rachel - I have this one on my reading list too, and it looks so lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  4. From Twitter:

    Eva Dee Merckx Once again, my choice is purely based on the cover and I vote for Charlee and the Chocolate Shop. xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. From TwitteR:

    Portobello Book Blog‏ @portybelle 34s35 seconds ago
    More
    Replying to @gilbster1000
    Couldn't get myself logged on to comment via phone sorry but know you'll add this. I vote for @daisyjamesbooks because I enjoy her writing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Immediate decision for me this week! 4 - Christmas at the Dancing Duck by Daisy James

    ReplyDelete
  7. From Twitter:

    Jessica Redland‏ @JessicaRedland 1m1 minute ago
    More
    Replying to @gilbster1000
    Can I vote? If so, mine is for Jessica Redland hee hee ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. You should definitely read Charlee and the Chocolate Shop next, it's another Jessica Redland hit with more lovely characters to get to know and fall in love with.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I can't wait to see your review of Christmas at the Log Fire Cabin!

    I may have already recommended this one to you, but if you're ready for Christmas reads, I recommend The Christmas Train by David Baldacci :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. They all look fab, but I would go with Charlee and the Chocolate Shop. It's got such a happy cover, doesn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  11. From Twitter:

    Though they all look fab, I am partial to the 12 Days of Christmas ;) http://bit.ly/2xOMSGV #12DaysOfBooks

    ReplyDelete
  12. From Twitter:

    Liina 📚‏ @liinareads 2m2 minutes ago
    More
    Replying to @gilbster1000
    I vote for Christmas at the Dancing Duck by Daisy James 😀

    ReplyDelete
  13. From Facebook - Neats Wilson I seem to recall seeing on Twitter that it's chocolate week so I think you should read Charlee and the Chocolate Shop

    ReplyDelete
  14. From TwitteR:

    HQ Digital‏ @HQDigitalUK 4m4 minutes ago
    More
    Replying to @gilbster1000
    We would definitely suggest Christmas at the Dancing Duck! 😉

    ReplyDelete
  15. From Facebook:

    Susan Hampson definitely the ducky one xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. From Facebook: Kate Noble The chocolate shop one jumps out to me 😍

    ReplyDelete
  17. I couldn't decide but my daughter said, 'Charlee and the chocolate shop' because it involves chocolate (natch) and my son said, 'Twelve days of Christmas' because he's always liked the song (?!) So to even things out, I'm going to say the other one. 'Christmas at the dancing duck' and now they're laughing at me.

    @LizziePagewrite

    ReplyDelete
  18. All of these appeal to me, so purely based on the cover I'd go for Christmas at the Dancing Duck.
    I love all of these authors though, so really hope I'm going to get round to reading all of these.
    I wasn't aware Jessica Redland had published a new novel so I just had to download it after reading this ;)
    Nathalie

    ReplyDelete
  19. From Twitter:

    Holly Martin Author‏ @HollyMAuthor 46s46 seconds ago
    More
    Replying to @gilbster1000
    I vote dancing duck, that cover is too cute

    ReplyDelete
  20. From Facebook:

    Joyce Williams I vote for Jessica Redland's "Charlee and the Chocolate Shop". Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  21. From Facebook

    Katie Louise Marsh Iv vote for Jessica Redland too 💖 xx

    ReplyDelete
  22. Christmas at the Dancing Duck by Daisy James - Love the cover and title...

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...