Tuesday 10 July 2018

Book Review - Upside Down by Lia Riley - Bookish World Cup - Australia



Amazon UK
Title: Upside Down
Author: Lia Riley
Format reviewed:Paperback 
Source: Competition Win
Publisher: Piatkus
Publication Date: 5th August 2014
Rating: 4 Stars


Twenty-one-year-old Natalia Stolfi is saying goodbye to painful memories and turning her life upside down with a trip to the land down under. For the next six months, she'll pretend to be a carefree exchange student. Everything is going to plan until she meets a surly surfer with hypnotic green eyes, and the troubling ability to see straight through her act.

Bran Lockhart is having the worst year on record. After the girl of his dreams turned into a nightmare, he slunk back to Melbourne to piece his life together. Yet no amount of disappointment could blind him to the pretty California girl who gets past all his defenses. He's never wanted anyone the way he wants Talia. A single semester abroad won't cover something this serious. But when Bran gets a stark reminder of why he stopped believing in love, he and Talia must decide if what they have is once in a lifetime . . . or if they were meant to live a world apart.

I won this whole trilogy in a competition a few years ago, and for no real reason other than fear that if I read the first I would need to sit and read the rest straight away, as I suspected if they were good they would be addictively good. 

Fast forward a couple of years and Upside Down is winking at me on my bookshelf and being a bank holiday weekend, I figure if I can't lose myself in someone else's relationship fora weekend then I never will!  

Let's just say I'd rather be reading Sideswiped already and getting back to the sizzling chemistry between Natalia and Bran which I am thoroughly enjoying.  Neither are great with relationships which makes the anticipation all the better, and the more intimate scenes were hot! 

Natalia turns her life upside down when travelling to Melbourne for a 6 month stay and study placement, while still trying to come to terms with her sister's death.  She isn't expecting to meet Bran, not the way she starts to feel about him. 

I  loved the travel around Australia and it added a great dimension to the book, that I really enjoyed, since I don't tend to come across too many books set in Australia.  

Upside Down is a romance book in its purest form, most of the story appears to be about relationships and sex, although there is some character development and depth and I am looking forward to seeing what happens next to this lovely couple. 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...