Monday 17 September 2018

Book Review - Love at the Northern Lights by Darcie Boleyn

The Amazon Purchase link below is an Amazon Affiliate link.
Amazon UK
Title:  Love at the Northern Lights
Author: Darcie Boleyn
Format reviewed: Ebook
Source: Netgalley
Publisher: Canelo
Publication Date: 17th September 2018
Rating: 5 Stars


Runaway bride Frankie Ashford hops a plane to Norway with one goal in mind - find her estranged mother and make peace with the past. But when a slip on the ice in Oslo lands her directly in Jonas Thorsen’s viking-strong arms, her single-minded focus drifts away in the winter winds.

When it comes to romance Jonas knows that anything he and Frankie share has an expiration date - the British heiress has a life to return to in London that’s a world away from his own. But family is everything to Jonas and, as the one man who can help Frankie find the answers she’s seeking, he’ll do whatever it takes to help her reunite with her mother.

Now, as Christmas draws closer and the northern lights work their magic Frankie and Jonas will have to make a choice...play it safe or risk heartbreak to take a chance on love.

From its stunning cover, the hilarious first few chapters, and then the way the story develops, well this is just fabulous.   A heartwarming tale taking in a runaway bride, a trip to Norway, finding a parent and even more, discovering yourself too. 

Where do I start in explaining how much I loved this book - when I wasn't reading it I was wondering why, when I was I was hoping the ended would never appear, as I was enjoying the story so much. 

There are many directions and subplots, most of which I didn't predict which just added to the compelling qualities of this story.  There were some fabulous storylines, great writing, beautiful descriptions, some emotion, plenty of laughs and some romance too - I mean what else do you need - and I did I mention it also features a trip to see the Northern Lights, a sexy photographer, a quaint art gallery and a good idea of what Oslo is like in November. 

I would say this is more of a wintery book, perfect to read curled up by the fire, although I may have been just as content reading it in the sun during August! Most of the story is set in November, so its not what I would classify a Christmas book per se, more one that could be read at any time of the year, although Christmas does feature. 

I loved almost all the characters in this, apart from Frankie's grandma, but I could understand her towards the end at least.   I just got such a great feeling reading this that I can't really put into words, and' I don't really want to to comment on the plot as I think its best left to be discovered for yourself. 

This really is a wonderful book to add you your must reads stack for this winter, and its one of my favourites from this author.  

Thank you to Netgalley and Canelo for this copy which I have reviewed honestly and voluntarily. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...