Sunday 2 September 2018

Book Review - The Pets At Primrose Cottage by Sheila Norton - #HolidayReading Book 12

Book 12 of 28 read on my holiday to Cyprus in June 2018.

The Amazon Purchase link below is an Amazon Affiliate link.
Amazon UK
Title: The Pets At Primrose Cottage
Author: Sheila Norton
Format reviewed: Ebook
Source: Netgalley
Publisher: Ebury Press
Publication Date: 22nd March 2018 
Rating: 5 Stars

Emma Nightingale needs a place to hide away.

Fresh from the heartbreak of a failed relationship, she takes refuge In quiet Crickleford. And not before long – and quite accidentally too – Emma finds herself the town’s favourite pet-sitter, a role she isn’t certain of at first, but soon her heart is warmed by the animals; they expect nothing more of her than she is able to give.

The last thing Emma wants is for people to discover the real reason she is lying low, but then the handsome reporter from the local paper takes an interest in her story. Can Emma keep her secret and follow her heart’s desire…?

What an array of pets there are in this book and their owners too and as an animal lover I enjoyed meeting them all, as it turns out even the simplest sounding of pet sitting jobs can  cause mayhem!

Meet Emma, she is clearly hiding things about her past but even the reader can't full guess everything to start with ,but what is clear is that she needs to make a fresh start and she is trying to reinvent herself as a pet sitter. 

I loved everyone in the small town of Crickleford, and all their personalities are really distinct. 

Originally published in 4 parts, each part clearly deals with a different aspect of Emma's story and generally leaves you wanting a little bit more moving onto the next one.  As a full book it works really well, and I found this to be a very quick read, in part as I didn't put it down once!

I am loving Sheila Norton's way with words while describing animals, and I could really picture all of the various pets being featured.  I wasn't so keen on a few of the owners though!

A charming feel good story, that animal lovers will definitely adore!

Thank you to Netgalley and Ebury for this copy which I have reviewed honestly and voluntarily. 

2 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for this review! I'm glad you enjoyed the book.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry that comment was from me - I don't know why my name didn't come up! Sheila Norton (author).

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...