Thursday 17 March 2016

Book Review - Between You and Me by Lisa Hall

Amazon UK
Title: Between You and Me
Author: Lisa Hall
Format reviewed:Ebook 
Source: Netgalley
Publisher: Carina
Publication Date: 17th March 2016
Rating: 4.5 Stars


They say every marriage has its secrets.
But no one sees what happens behind closed doors.
And sometimes those doors should never be opened …

Sal and Charlie are married. They love each other. But they aren’t happy. Sal cannot leave, no matter what Charlie does – no matter how much it hurts.

Between You and Me is an impressive debut psychological thriller from an extremely promising new talent. It has been written in such a way that you are left reading it one sitting, and I found myself increasingly horrified at the state of truth of Sal and Charlie's marriage. 

Every chapter is from the alternating viewpoints of Sal and Charlie, and its amazing how the same situation can be interpreted in two different ways. 

If you are sensitive to books with abuse in them, then consider this a warning as that is what the book is focused on, from both points of view. There is a major twist at the end which just proves how cleverly crafted the book has been. I am now rethinking at lot of what I read and I really don't think I could have guessed. 

I read Between You and Me in one sitting, and it kept me enthralled and disgusted in equal amounts and I just couldn't put it down. 

However as much as I hate to compare books, having also read Behind Closed Doors by BA Paris recently, I am struck between the similarities between them, even though they are very different too. 

Make sure you don't skip over the prologue in this book as it really does set the story up, and makes you believe you know where the book is going. It also drew me in and meant I had to know exactly how everything occurred to end up with what the prologue was glimpsing. 

Between You and Me is an addictive story, that is incredibly well written, and there were times that I had sympathy of both of the main characters, who were both trying their best with bad situations. 

Thank you to Netgalley and Carina for this review copy. This was my honest opinion. 

1 comment:

  1. Now you have me intrigued. Love the sound of this, Rachel. Thanks for sharing! Well done, Lisa! :) xx

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...