Friday 25 March 2016

Book Review - The Night That Changed Everything by Laura Tait and Jimmy Rice

Amazon UK
Title: The Night That Changed Everything
Author: Laura Tait and Jimmy Rice
Format reviewed: Ebook
Source: Netgalley
Publisher: Corgi
Publication Date: 24th March 2016 
Rating: 4 Stars

Rebecca is the only girl she knows who didn't cry at the end of Titanic. Ben is the only man he knows who did. Rebecca’s untidy but Ben doesn’t mind picking up her pieces. Ben is laid back by Rebecca keeps him on his toes. They're a perfect match.

Nothing can come between them. Or so they think.

When a throwaway comment reveals a secret from the past, their love story is rewritten.

Can they recover from the night that changed everything? And how do you forgive when you can’t forget?

My first impressions of this book, once I started reading it, was just how comfortable I felt reading it. There is something about the writing partnership of Laura Tait and Jimmy Rice, that just works, and with them telling the story in alternating chapters and view points, the book just works seamlessly. 

I wouldn't say its a spectacular story or anything, and in some respects from the first half the book it does feel familiar, but in the same way I was growing to love the characters and the way it was being told. 

Rebecca and Ben seem like the perfect couple, and initially it looks like they are, until one revelation leaves them reeling, and having to rethink everything. 

Over the course of the book, they both undergo various changes and the ending wasn't quite what I would have predicted, or hoped for, but it worked. 

This story felt like a bit coming home to a friend, I loved the friendship between Rebecca, Jaime, Ben and Daniella and its clear they all had a strong bond. At times I was feeling like I really knew them all very well and at time I was emotionally involved enough in the story to be affected, 

Thank you to Netgalley and Transworld for this review copy. This was my honest opinion. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...