Monday 21 March 2016

Rachel Reads Randomly - Vote #20


 
Thank you everyone for your input last time. The results of the last vote were:

1 Vote - Hold the Dark by William Giraldi
2 Votes - The CEO Buys In (Wager of Hearts Book 1) by Nancy Harkness
2 Votes - That's Paris: An Anthology by Vicki Lesage
3 Votes -  Dead in the Water by Ann Granger 
8 Votes - Miss Wrong and Mr Right by Robert Bryndza 

Definite majority this week and I really enjoyed reading Miss Wrong and Mr Right so definitely a great result as far as I'm concerned. 

This week I am restricting the choice to a selection I like to call the Former Freebie! These are books that I originally picked up as Kindle freebies, but as I, when I do choose my own books, I tend to go for ones I paid for, these end up neglected on my kindle. A lot of these date back to when I first bought my kindle, and was downloading freebies continually. 

Below is initially my theory for this feature, and then a bit further, what you are all waiting for... This weeks's vote! Enjoy!

I am also awful at deciding what book to read next, as I often have about 10 titles or authors jumping into my brain at any time, shouting at me to read them, and I tend to worry I have made the wrong decision while reading a perfectly good book. I am hoping this will save me having to make at least 1 choice a week, while possibly providing a review to the site of a book you all either love or are curious about yourselves. 

So what I am proposing, is my lovely loyal readers of Rachel's Random Reads, select one book for me to read a week, and I will post the review the following week. 

This weeks random numbers are...


And the books these numbers correspond to are...


So the 5 choices with my gut feeling responses are:


17 - One Glass Is Never Enough by Jane Wenham Jones - I read two books by this author many years ago, and then found this one as an Amazon freebie. Should be a romantic comedy
25 - Dad's Christmas Story by Julia Williams - Companion short story to last years Christmas book by Julia Williams
34 - Coconuts and Wonderbras by Lynda Renham- Picked up a handful of votes last time it appeared in this feature. Love the title of the book.
47 - Better Together by Nicola May - Always enjoy reading Nicola May, can't recall much about this book though
53 - The Not So Secret Emails Of Coco Pinchard (Coco Pinchard Series Book 1) by Robert Bryndza - So I've read one of his thrillers, last week you voted to let me read his standalone romantic comedy, this week the randomiser has decided to pull out book one of his Coco Pinchard series.  

Very intriguing selection this week. I genuinely wish I had the time to read all the books on it, but then I would never make any progress on my review piles. Please do have your say, as I love reading all the comments, as they keep me very entertained during the first half of the week at work. 

Pick your favourite or the one you most want me to review, or just the one you are curious about, and leave me a comment below, before midnight on Wednesday. 

I look forward to seeing what I will be reading over the weekend, courtesy of you all.

The explanation if you haven't seen the feature before. 


How is this going to work?

Every Monday, I am going to have a post like this, which is going to have some choices on it. I am planning on using random.org to select 7 random numbers, to coincide with my spreadsheet of unread books.  

I will from that produce a list of hopefully 5 books, I reserve the right to veto any books, and will give reasons for them, if it occurs.

I will take screenshots and post them, of the chosen books, and also give you my instinctive reactions to the choices (without checking blurbs or any other info about them, which could be interesting as there are probably many forgotten about books on my spreadsheet!). 

Your task is to post a comment on this post, with the book you would like me to read this week. At midnight on Wednesday I will take a tally of the votes and the book with the most, I will read and review for the following Monday, where you will also get a new choice post. 

In the event of a tie, I will chose which one appeals most, for the Monday review, and possibly try and read and review the other to appear when I can. 

I am hoping this will provide some variety to the books appearing, and will let me potentially read or discover some great authors that I have wanted to read but not got around to yet.

13 comments:

  1. Coconuts and Wonderbras BU Lynda Renham. It's hilarious Rachel

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't possibly vote for Christmas in March .. I think you may be on overload with Robert so because I love Lynda's books I'm going with: 34 - Coconuts and Wonderbras by Lynda Renham

    ReplyDelete
  3. From Facebook Book Connectors Group:

    Christina Philippou Coconuts and wonderbras is on my TBR...

    ReplyDelete
  4. From Twitter:

    @gilbster1000 Easily pleased bloke, I'd say go for Coconuts & Wonderbras :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. From Twitter:

    Dewi
    ‏@D_lovesBooks
    @gilbster1000 I like the title and look of Coconuts and Wonderbras 😁

    ReplyDelete
  6. From Twitter:

    MS-Birdlady ‏@MS_birdlady 3 mins3 minutes ago
    MS-Birdlady Retweeted Rachel Gilbey
    😊 @gilbster1000 - Hmmm, #BetterTogether @NicholaMay1 or #OneGlassIsntEnough @JaneWenhamJones are my votes! #romcom

    ReplyDelete
  7. Coconuts and wonderbras .... :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. From Twitter:

    Rebecca Bradley ‏@RebeccaJBradley 2h2 hours ago
    @gilbster1000 Going on the cover and title alone, I'd say, One Glass is Never Enough 😊

    ReplyDelete
  9. One Glass is Never Enough! This one's on my tbr as well so I'm interested to hear what you think of it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Coconuts and wonderbras sounds good fun Rachel.

    ReplyDelete
  11. From Twitter: @gilbster1000 The last one looks awesome. I'm literally judging a book by its cover haha.

    ReplyDelete
  12. From Twitter:

    Anniek Snowroses ‏@Annieksnowroses 2 hrs2 hours ago
    @gilbster1000 @DrewComps Better together looks great!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...