Tuesday 11 December 2018

Book Review - Can't Get You Out Of My Head by Sue Shepherd

Amazon UK
The Amazon Purchase link below is an Amazon Affiliate link.

Title:  Can't Get You Out of My Head
Author: Sue Shepherd
Format reviewed: Ebook
Source: Author supplied copy
Publisher: Corazon
Publication Date: 26th March 2018
Rating: 5 Stars


A moving and funny story about sisters, secrets and second chances.

Twin sisters Beth and Lisa do everything together, so what will happen now they both want a life of their own?

"A fabulously endearing and engaging read that I didn’t want to stop." Sarah Hardy, By The Letter Book Reviews.

Beth has a secret she's kept from everyone except her sister. But it's time to get on with her life. Could a seductive Italian, a smooth-talking charmer or backpacking around Australia be the answer?

Lisa feels she's always lived in her sister's shadow. Maybe now it's her turn for some fun, whatever the consequences. But will her drunken antics land Beth in trouble?

And when it comes to the crunch, will one sister have to give up what she wants so the other can have what she needs?

I honestly don't know what I think of this book, the whole premise which I can't really talk about as it may be a massive spoiler, despite it being revealed relatively early on - is something I'm really unsure about, and not completely convinced I believe is feasible. 

However putting that aside I appeared to be hooked on the book, I had no idea where I was on the tube while reading,  and completely lost myself into the heart of the story. 

Which to me means that the writing was excellent, there was plenty of engrossing plot, there were many highs and lows and all of the supplementary characters were incredibly believable and relate able to. 

This is a book that takes place over many years from Beth and Lisa's childhood onwards. For twins they are completely different but also as close as anything, which makes their conversations quite enjoyable. 

Definitely a book that will get you thinking and it tackles a few tough issues too. Certainly a story you need to go into with an open mind, and to get the most from you may if you are like me suspend reality while you read it, just to be able to go with the flow.  

Thank you to the author for this copy which I have reviewed honestly and voluntarily. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...