Wednesday 16 January 2019

Book Review - Reader, I Married Me by Sophie Tanner - #HolidayReading Mexico

The Amazon Purchase link below is an Amazon Affiliate link.
Amazon UK
Title: Reader, I Married Me
Author: Sophie Tanner
Format reviewed: Ebook
Source: Netgalley
Publisher: Trapeze
Publication Date: 1st January 2019
Rating: 5 Stars


Chloe Usher has just broken up with the love of her life. All her friends urge her to find another man before she disappears down the slippery slope to spinsterhood. After a particularly messy date and several gins, she decides that she doesn't need an 'other half' to complete her and announces that she is going to marry herself. The news goes viral and, in the sober light of day, Chloe finds herself thrust firmly into the public eye to the embarrassment of her friends and family. Planning her wedding solo takes Chloe on a bumpy journey of self-discovery, as she realises why wish away your life waiting for 'the one' when YOU are, in fact, the one?

What an uplifting and empowering book especially for single women.

Like 'Chloe, I found myself nodding along to so many of her observations about how people perceive single women, and given I am of a similar age to the main character, I find myself thinking whether I should marry myself. 

Although perhaps without all the drama, and social media trending that Chloe created. 

There is nothing like taking a stand and going against normal conventions, to find out who your real friends and supporters are, as Chloe discovers. 

This is a wonderfully funny book, her exes are a nightmare, her one attempt at online dating amusing, and just what some of the other characters wee doing for attention, utterly eye rolling!

This is one accomplished debut author and I am already looking forward to seeing what her next book will be. 

Thank you to Netgalley and Trapeze for this copy which I have reviewed honestly and voluntarily. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...