Tuesday 12 March 2019

Book Review - The Bridal Party by J G Murray - #HolidayReading Mexico

The Amazon Purchase link below is an Amazon Affiliate link.
Amazon UK
Title: The Bridal Party
Author: J G Murray
Format reviewed: Ebook
Source: Netgalley
Publisher: Corvus
Publication Date: 7th March 2019
Rating: 5 Stars


Sometimes friendship can be murder...

It's the weekend of Clarisse's bridal party, a trip the girls have all been looking forward to. Then, on the day of their flight, Tamsyn, the maid of honour, suddenly backs out. Upset and confused, they try to make the most of the stunning, isolated seaside house they find themselves in.

But, there is a surprise in store - Tamsyn has organised a murder mystery, a sinister game in which they must discover a killer in their midst. As tensions quickly boil over, it becomes clear to them all that there are some secrets that won't stay buried...

What a book! I had no idea what to expect and had no idea how to guess at the outcomes either. 

I read this on holiday in about 2 hours, I just couldn't put it down and found the pages were turning really fast. 

I was utterly hooked on this story, that starts off as a group going on a hen weekend, and once they arrive at their destination, events become creepier and creepier. 

Interspersed with the present day story we get to know about a specific set of occurrences from that past, that become very relevant.

I can't really say much about the plot, I went into this blindly and I think that may be the best way. 

This is the first book I have read by this author and based on this evidence it certainly won't be my last either. 

Fast paced, the whole book takes place over one day, there were many times where I paused, looked up and mouthed WTF... as I couldn't believe what I was reading, while hurriedly going back to see just what did happen next. 

Unputdownable, gripping, addictive reading, this is one fantastic book. 

Thank you to Corvus and Netgalley for this copy which I have reviewed honestly and voluntarily. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...