Saturday 16 March 2019

Book Review - Killer Blow by M..A. Comley

The Amazon Purchase link below is an Amazon Affiliate link.
Amazon UK
Title: Killer Blow
Author: M. A. Comley
Format reviewed: Ebook
Source: Author supplied copy
Publisher: Jeamel Publishing Limited
Publication Date: 15th February 2019
Rating: 5 Stars


The second book in the DI Sara Ramsey series.

A hunter on the prowl...

On the scent of his next victim.

DI Sara Ramsey has to dig deep to find an evil suspect who gets a thrill out of chasing victims to their deaths.

The murderer is smart, inventing new methods of tracking down his victims. Just as the inspector senses she's closing in on the culprit, they change their MO, undoing all her hard work.

The media is striking fear into the residents. Can Sara set aside her personal problems and prevent the killing spree causing havoc on her patch?

Please don't make me wait for the next book - I need to know what happens next to DI  Sara Ramsey and her team.  This is easily the best series M. A. Comley has written, and I say that as a huge fan of the Justice series.   Sorry Lorne and co, but Sara is my new go to DI! 

From the first few pages I was hooked, and literally couldn't read it fast enough. Would have easily been read in one sitting had I not needed to sleep,  and well words are failing me. 

The plot is break neck, there is a growing sense of urgency to solve these crimes, as you can see how they are escalating,.  Yet DI Sara Ramsey and her team don't really have too much to go on, there are so few witnesses or anything, that it makes detecting really tricky. 

Then there is Sara's personal life too, we start getting to know her a lot better, and although some of her decisions I'm not sure many would agree with, its clearly the start of a series wide story arc that I suspect will keep getting more intense. 

What was a bit different was that I almost felt sorry for the criminals in this book, yes they were dastardly but they felt more like amateurs and opportunists than career bad guys. Which is a slightly different dynamic to a lot of thrillers. 

Lots of little moments that will make you gasp out loud, plenty of thrills and I was spellbound as I saw just how the police tried to solve it all. 

Bring on book 3, I can't wait - although I feel I may have to. 

Thank you to the author for this copy which I have reviewed honestly and voluntarily. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...