Wednesday 2 October 2019

Book Review - Goodbye My Precious Child by M. A. Comley

The Amazon Purchase link below is an Amazon Affiliate link.
Amazon UK
Title: Goodbye My Precious Child
Author: M. A. Comley
Format reviewed: Ebook
Source: Author supplied copy
Publisher: Jeamel Publishing Ltd 
Publication Date: 18th September 2019
Rating: 5 Stars

A brutal, senseless murder...

One intrepid detective...

DI Sally Parker and her cold case team are tasked with solving a nineteen-year-old murder case unlike any other. The victim - a six-year-old child.

Who killed little Millie Pickrel? And why?

What motivates a person to murder an innocent child?

Will Sally be able to give the family closure after years of tormented existence? 

I love Sally Parker and her determination to solve cold cases. It's such a refreshing angle to come at something that hasn't been solved for 19 years and see if they can work it out. 

The prologue which highlights original murder hooked me in completely, and it had me turning the pages from that moment onwards. 

What shocked me even more was that I had a strong inkling as to who the murderer was, even though I couldn't work out motive, from very early on in the book, well before Sally and her team, and possibly for the first time ever my instincts were right!   It didn't take away from my enjoyment especially as I've never had any success in solving crimes in books!! 

Believe it or not this is only the second book I've read in this series, and it had been a while since the previous so although I didn't really remember the team dynamics, it can easily be read as a standalone, as at no point did I feel lost. 

i was incredibly happy and smiley to see my favourite M. A. Comley character pop up a bit in this, and with just hints at what could happen, I am incredibly keen to read the next on in this series as soon as possible! 

As I've come to expect from this author, its a tightly plotted book, that absorbed me completely, and that I enjoyed every aspect of it - well apart from the murder as I would be a very disturbed person if I enjoyed seeing a six year old child die. 

For a case that had incredibly few clues, i am impressed with how Sally and her team dealt with it all, and just how things developed. 

Another fantastic book from a wonderfully talented author.   If you have never read a book by M. A. Comley then now is the time to start, you won't regret it. 

Thank you to the author for this copy which I have reviewed honestly and voluntarily. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...