Sunday 27 October 2019

Book Review - A Perfect Cornish Summer by Phillipa Ashley - #HolidayReading Madeira

The Amazon Purchase link below is an Amazon Affiliate link.

Title: A Perfect Cornish Summer
Author: Philippa Ashley
Format reviewed: Ebook
Source: Netgalley
Publisher: Avon
Publication Date: 25th April 2019
Rating: 4 Stars

Summer is on the horizon, and the people of Porthmellow are eagerly awaiting the annual food festival. At least, most of them are…

For Sam Lovell, organising the summer festival in her hometown is one of the highlights of her year. It’s not always smooth sailing, but she loves to see Porthmellow’s harbour packed with happy visitors, and being on the committee has provided a much-needed distraction from the drama in her family life (and the distinct lack of it in her love life).

When their star guest pulls out with only a few weeks to go, everyone’s delighted when a London chef who grew up locally steps in at the last minute. But Gabe Matthias is the last person Sam was expecting to see, and his return to Porthmellow will change her quiet coastal life for ever.

Curl up with this gorgeous novel and savour the world of Porthmellow Harbour.


I really enjoyed my first visit to Porthmellow, and already wondering if it is, in mid August too soon to read the Christmas book to return there!

I loved both Chloe and Sam's stories in this, both with complicated pasts there were enjoyable to discover. 

Between them they head the committee for the Porthmellow Food festival and to say this 10th annual festival is not only the biggest but the one with the most potential problems would be an understatement. 

I loved getting to know the committee and all the main residents in this Cornish town. I loved the various quirks and seeing just how Sam was going to cope with things. 

Especially the reappearance of her ex boyfriend, which she split up with years ago, after he reported her brother to the police, - well its very hard to come back from that. 

But despite that I fell for Gabe, he clearly knows his right from wrong, and is an extremely talented chef too. 

There are a large number of pies in this book, as well as plenty of other food, to make you hungry as you read. 

I found it took some time for me to get into the stride of this book, but I think that is because every time I think of this author, one particular set of characters comes back to me from a previous series, and then I have to remember that I'm reading something fresh. 

A really enjoyable book and I am very much looking forward to the next one in the series. 

Thank you to Avon on Netgalley for this copy which I have reviewed honestly and voluntarily.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...